From mid-October, 2018, Google Chrome no longer trusts some Symantec and GeoTrust SSL certificates. Therefore, Symantec has published a root certificate upgrade plan for Google Chrome. To ensure compatibility with Google Chrome, we recommend that you replace your Symantec SSL certificates based on this document.
- SSL certificates that were issued before June 1, 2016 and will expire after March
You need to replace the certificates before March 18, 2018 and deploy new certificates.
- SSL certificates that were issued after June 1, 2016 and will expire after September
You need to replace the certificates before September 13, 2018 and deploy new certificates.
- SSL certificates that were issued before June 1, 2016 and will expire before March 2018
- SSL certificates that were issued after June 1, 2016 and will expire before September 2018
Certificate replacement service
- For affected
OV or EV
SSL certificates, reviewers from Certificate Authority will confirm information with
you by phone and then
issue new SSL certificates
Note If you find orders for OV or EV SSL certificates in Verifying state in the Alibaba Cloud SSL Certificates console, wait for the notice from Certificate Authority. Carefully read the confirmation email from Certificate Authority and then click Agree or Approve.
- For affected
SSL certificates, Alibaba Cloud personnel will submit an application for certificate
reissuance. You need to complete
as prompted in the Alibaba Cloud SSL Certificates console.
Note If your orders for DV SSL certificates meet the following conditions, the system will automatically add DNS records for domain verification.
- Domain verification has been completed through DNS.
- The domain name bound to the certificate is managed by Alibaba Cloud DNS.
- The SSL Certificates Service system has been authorized to add DNS records automatically.