One template can have multiple versions. The default version number of a newly created template is 1. You can create additional versions based on this template. The version number automatically increments as you create a new version. You cannot customize the version number. You can set any of the template versions as the default version.
You can create a version using the following methods:
Create an instance using the ECS console to create versions of a template for future use.
If you want to create an instance and save the configuration information, you can create an instance on the ECS buy page to create versions of a template.
You have already created a template.
Create an instance using the ECS console
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select Launch Template.
- Select a template ID to view its configurations, and then click New Version. You can also click New Version in the Actions column.
- On the Launch Template page, set the parameters.
Note You can also go to the Clone Template area, select an existing template and version, and then set the parameters.
- On the Confirm Configuration page, select Create New Version, and then select a template to save the version.
- Click Create Launch Template.
- In the dialog box that appears, click View New Version to view the version you have created.
Create an instance on the ECS buy page
- Go to the ECS product details page, and then click Buy Now.
- On the ECS buy page, configure the parameters.
- On the Preview page, click Save as launch template.
- In the dialog box that appears, click Create New Version, and then select a template to save the version.
- In the Activated dialog box, click View New Version to view the version you have created.
Change the default version
- In the ECS console, select a template ID that has multiple versions.
- Locate the version you want to set as default, and then click Set as Default in the Actions column.