This topic describes how to publish an API that is created or registered in DataService Studio to API Gateway and publish the API to Alibaba Cloud Marketplace.
You can publish APIs that are created or registered in DataService Studio to API Gateway, on which you can perform a variety of management operations. For example, you can manage permissions, configure bandwidth throttling, configure access control, and measure usage for APIs. After you create or register APIs in DataService Studio, you must publish the APIs to API Gateway before the APIs can be called by other users or in your own applications. DataService Studio is integrated with API Gateway to allow you to publish APIs to API Gateway with one click.
Publish an API to API Gateway
- Go to the DataService Studio page.
- Log on to the DataWorks console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Workspaces.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the target workspace resides. Find the target workspace and click DataService Studio in the Actions column.
- On the Service Development tab, double-click the target API in the API list.
- On the configuration tab of the API, click Publish in the upper-right corner.The system creates a group in API Gateway with the same name as the API group in DataService Studio to which the API belongs, and publishes the API to this group.
After the API is published, you can go to the API Gateway console to view API details or configure bandwidth throttling and access control for the API.
If you need to call the API in your own application, create the application and authorize the application to use the API in the API Gateway console. Then, call the API in your application by signing the API request with the AppKey and AppSecret. API Gateway also provides SDKs for mainstream programming languages. You can use the SDKs to integrate APIs with your application.
Publish an API to Alibaba Cloud Marketplace
The API sector of Alibaba Cloud Marketplace provides thousands of API products in the following categories: finance, artificial intelligence (AI), e-commerce, transportation and geography, living services, corporate management, and public affairs. Alibaba Cloud Marketplace provides a platform where you can monetize your data.
After you publish APIs that are created or registered in DataService Studio to API Gateway, you can publish them to Alibaba Cloud Marketplace with one click. This is an easy way to achieve financial gains for your company.
Before you publish an API to Alibaba Cloud Marketplace, you must register with Alibaba Cloud Marketplace as an independent software vendor (ISV).
- Log on to the ISV portal of Alibaba Cloud Marketplace.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click .
- Click Create Product.
- On the Access Information page, set the parameters as required.