You can change the specifications of your PolarDB cluster based on your business requirements. If your business volume is relatively stable, we recommend that you manually change specifications. This topic describes how to manually upgrade or downgrade the specifications of a PolarDB cluster.
- Only ApsaraDB PolarDB MySQL-compatible edition Cluster Edition is supported. Single Node and Archive Database are not supported. For more information about the three editions of PolarDB for MySQL, see Product editions.
- No tasks for specification changes for your PolarDB cluster are in the pending state.
For more information about the pricing rules, see Configuration change fees.
- You can upgrade or downgrade the specifications of a cluster as a whole. You cannot upgrade or downgrade the specifications of individual nodes in the cluster.
- Upgrading or downgrading the specifications of a cluster does not have any impact on the existing data in the cluster.
- You may experience PolarDB service interruptions for a few seconds when you change specifications. During this time, you cannot perform some operations. We recommend that you change specifications during off-peak hours and make sure that your applications can automatically reconnect to the cluster.
- In most scenarios, it takes more time to execute read-only requests than read and write requests. The time required to execute read-only requests may further increase when you change the specifications of a PolarDB cluster.
- Log on to the PolarDB console.
- In the upper-left corner of the console, select the region where the cluster is deployed.
- You can open the Change Configurations dialog box by using one of the following methods:
- Method 1
On the Clusters page, find the cluster whose specifications you want to change and click Change Configurations in the Actions column.
- Method 2
- On the Clusters page, click the ID of the cluster.
- On the Overview page, click Change Configurations in the Database Nodes section.
- Method 1
- Select Upgrade or Downgrade based on your business requirements and click OK.
- On the Upgrade/Downgrade page, select the required node specification and Switching Time, read and accept the terms of service, and then click Buy Now.
- All nodes in a cluster have the same specifications.
- You can specify Downgrade if you select Upgrade or Downgrade. If you select Temporary Upgrade, you cannot specify Switching Time.
- You can set Switching Time to Switch Now or Switch At. If you select Switch At, you can specify a point in time within 24 hours. The specifications of your cluster can be upgraded within 30 minutes from the specified point in time. You can also view the details of the scheduled task or cancel the task on the Scheduled Tasks page. For more information, see View or cancel a scheduled task.
- On the Purchase page, confirm the order information and click Purchase.
Note The new specifications take effect within 10 minutes.
Related API operations
|ModifyDBNodeClass||Changes the node specifications of a PolarDB cluster.|