VPN gateways support the pay-as-you-go billing method.
VPN gateways provide the IPsec-VPN and SSL-VPN features. The following table describes the billable items for IPsec-VPN and SSL-VPN.
|Feature||Billable item||Fee calculation|
||VPN gateway fees = IPsec-VPN instance fee + Data transfer fee|
||VPN gateway fees = SSL-VPN instance fee + Data transfer fee + SSL specification fee|
|SSL-VPN + IPsec-VPN||
||VPN gateway fee = IPsec-VPN instance fee + SSL-VPN instance fee + Data transfer fee + SSL specification fee|
The fees are calculated based on the following rules:
- Instance fee:
The VPN gateway instance fees include the IPsec-VPN instance fee, the SSL-VPN instance fee, or both, based on the features that you have enabled.
- Data transfer fee:
The data transfer fee is charged based on the outbound data transfer per hour on the VPN gateway. Inbound data transfer is not charged. Outbound data transfer refers to the amount of data that is transferred from Alibaba Cloud to the Internet.
- SSL specification fee:
After the SSL-VPN feature is enabled, you must select an SSL specification based on the maximum number of concurrent client connections. SSL specifications are charged at different unit prices.
- Billing cycle: 1 hour. If the usage duration is less than 1 hour, it is rounded up to 1 hour.
- Bills are generated on an hourly basis.
VPN gateways provide different bandwidth limits. When different bandwidth limits are selected, the IPsec-VPN and SSL-VPN instance fees are the same. The following table describes the prices of different bandwidth limits.
|Region||10 Mbit/s (USD/hour)||100 Mbit/s (USD/hour)||200 Mbit/s (USD/hour)||500 Mbit/s (USD/hour)||1000 Mbit/s (USD/hour)|
|China (Hong Kong)||0.087||0.262||0.262||1.025||1.025|
|US (Silicon Valley)||0.082||0.392||0.392||1.095||1.095|
|Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur)||0.080||0.240||0.240||0.878||0.878|
Data transfer fee
|Region||Unit price of data transfer (USD/GB/hour)|
|China (Hong Kong)||0.153|
|US (Silicon Valley)||0.078|
|Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur)||0.125|
SSL specification fee
|SSL specification||Unit price (USD/hour)|
- Your VPN gateway can continue to provide services within 15 days after the VPN gateway becomes overdue. To avoid service interruption, we recommend that you top up your account at the earliest opportunity.
- If you do not pay the outstanding amount within 15 days after the VPN gateway becomes overdue, the VPN gateway is suspended.
If you top up your account after the VPN gateway stops providing services, the system automatically pays the outstanding amount. Then, the VPN gateway immediately starts to provide services.
- If you do not pay the outstanding amount within 15 days after the VPN gateway is suspended, the system automatically releases the VPN gateway.
You are notified by text message and email one day before the system releases the VPN gateway. The configurations and related data are removed and cannot be recovered after the VPN gateway is released.