You can upgrade or downgrade Security Center in the Security Center console.
When you purchase Security Center, you must specify Protected Assets in the Security Center console. Protected Assets specifies the number of servers to be protected. Security Center can protect Alibaba Cloud Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances and external servers that have the Security Center agent installed. By default, the value of Protected Assets is the total number of ECS instances and external servers that have the Security Center agent installed under your Alibaba Cloud account. The value of Protected Assets cannot be smaller than the total number of your servers. If you expect Security Center to protect more servers within the subscription period, we recommend that you predict the total number of servers under your account and set Protected Assets to the predicted value.
You can purchase Security Center of the following editions: Basic Anti-virus, Advanced, and Enterprise. If the number of servers that require protection exceeds the value of Protected Assets that you specify, the system prompts you to upgrade Security Center. To continue using Security Center, set Protected Assets to a greater value and pay for the new licenses. Assume that you have purchased Security Center Basic Anti-virus, Advanced, or Enterprise Edition and set Protected Assets to 10. To enable Security Center for 13 servers, you must set Protected Assets to 13 and pay for the three additional servers.
Fees for an upgrade = (Fees for new licenses + Fees for value-added services) x Number of remaining days within the subscription period
- You must downgrade Security Center within the subscription period. If your subscription expires, you must renew Security Center before you downgrade the service. You can also purchase Security Center of the required configurations after the subscription expires. Security Center retains your service data and configurations for seven days after the subscription expires. If you do not purchase the service again within the data retention period, Security Center clears the service data and configurations.
- Downgrade refunds are unavailable. You cannot roll back a service downgrade. Exercise
caution when you perform this operation.
Assume that you have reduced the number of servers that can be protected by the web tamper protection feature of Security Center. If you want to enable this feature for more servers, you must upgrade Security Center.
- External servers that have the Security Center agent installed consume resources provided by Security Center. You can perform the following steps to disable protection for an external server: Log on to the Security Center console. In the left-side navigation pane, click Assets. On the Assets page that appears, unbind the target external server. After you unbind the target external server, Security Center releases the resource consumed by the server.
|Upgrade||Upgrade the version of Security Center||If the current service version cannot meet your requirements, you can upgrade the
service for enhanced protection.
Note Security Center provides the following editions: Basic, Basic Anti-virus, Advanced, and Enterprise. These editions are arranged in ascending order in terms of protection capabilities.
|Set Protected Assets to a greater value||The value of Protected Assets is smaller than the number of servers under your Alibaba Cloud account.
Note In the upper-right corner of the Security Center console, a message prompts you to purchase more licenses.
|Enable value-added services||After you purchase Security Center, you can enable value-added services, such as web tamper protection.|
|Upgrade value-added services||After you purchase value-added services, you can increase the log storage capacity, the anti-ransomware capacity, or the number of servers protected by web tamper protection.|
|Downgrade||Disable value-added services||You can disable unwanted value-added services, such as web tamper protection.
Note To disable web tamper protection, perform the following steps: Log on to the Security Center console. On the Upgrade/Downgrade page, select Yes in Web Tamper Protection, set Number to 0, and then select No in Web Tamper Protection.
|Downgrade value-added services||After you purchase value-added services, you can reduce the log storage capacity, the anti-ransomware capacity, or the number of servers protected by web tamper protection.|
- Log on to the Security Center console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Overview.
- In the upper-right corner of the Overview page, click Upgrade.
- Set Protected Assets, configure value-added services, and then click Buy Now.
- Click Purchase.