You can upgrade or downgrade current configurations of your Security Center edition in the Security Center console.
When you purchase Security Center, you must specify the value of the Protected Servers parameter that represents the number of servers to be protected by Security Center. Security Center protects Alibaba Cloud Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances and third-party servers that have the Security Center agent installed. The default value of the Protected Servers parameter is the total number of your Alibaba Cloud ECS instances and third-party servers that have the Security Center agent installed. The value of the Protected Servers parameter must be no less than the total number of servers within your Alibaba Cloud account. If you want Security Center to protect more servers during the subscription period, we recommend that you estimate the total number of servers within your account and set the Protected Servers parameter to the estimated value.
You can purchase the Security Center Anti-virus, Advanced, Enterprise,or Ultimate edition. If the number of servers or the vCPUs of the servers that require protection exceeds the value of the Protected Servers or the Server vCPUs parameter that you specify, the system prompts you to upgrade Security Center. To continue using Security Center, set the Protected Servers or Server vCPUs parameter to a greater value and pay for the additional quotas. Assume that you have purchased the Security Center Anti-virus, Advanced, or Enterprise edition and set the value of the Protected Servers parameter to 10. To enable Security Center for 13 servers, you must change the value of the Protected Servers parameter to 13 and pay for the three additional servers.
Fees for an upgrade = (Fees of the additional servers + Fees of value-added features) × Number of remaining days within the subscription period
- You must downgrade Security Center before the expiration date. If your subscription expires, you must renew Security Center before you downgrade the service. You can also purchase Security Center of the required configurations after the subscription expires. Security Center retains your statistics and configurations for seven days after the subscription expires. If you do not renew the service within the data retention period, Security Center clears the current statistics and configurations.
- Downgrade refunds are unavailable. A downgrade operation is irreversible. Proceed with caution when you downgrade Security Center.
Assume that you have reduced the number of servers that can be protected by the web tamper proofing feature of Security Center. If you want to enable this feature for more servers, you must upgrade Security Center.
- Third-party servers that have the Security Center agent installed consume the resource quotas allowed by Security Center. You can perform the following steps to disable protection for a third-party server: Log on to the Security Center console. In the left-side navigation pane, click Assets. On the Assets page, unbind the server that you do not want to protect. After you unbind the server, Security Center releases the resource quota consumed by the server. For more information, see Disassociate an external server.
|Upgrade||Upgrade the edition of Security Center||If the current edition does not meet your requirements, you can upgrade the service to enhance protection.
Note Security Center provides the following editions: Basic, Value-added Plan, Anti-virus, Advanced, Enterprise, and Ultimate. These editions are listed in ascending order in terms of protection capabilities.
|Increase the value of the Protected Servers or Server vCPUs parameter||The value of the Protected Servers or Server vCPUs parameter is less than the number of servers within your Alibaba Cloud account.
Note In the upper-right corner of the Security Center console, an internal message prompts you to increase the number of protected servers.
|Enable value-added features||After you purchase Security Center, you can enable the value-added features, such as web tamper proofing, anti-ransomware, and container image scan.|
|Upgrade value-added features||After you purchase the value-added features, you can increase the log storage capacity, the anti-ransomware capacity, or the number of servers protected by web tamper proofing.|
|Downgrade||Disable value-added features||The current edition of Security Center provides value-added features, such as web tamper proofing. You can disable unwanted value-added features.
Notice To disable web tamper proofing, perform the following steps: Log on to the Security Center console. On the Upgrade/Downgrade page, select Yes for the Web Tamper Protection parameter, set the Number parameter to 0, and then select No for the Web Tamper Protection parameter.
|Downgrade value-added features||After you purchase value-added features, you must reduce the log storage capacity, anti-ransomware capacity, number of servers protected by web tamper proofing, and value of Container Image Scan.|
- Log on to the Security Center console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click View.
- In the upper-right corner of the Overview page, click Immediate purchase.
- On the page that appears, configure the value of the Protected Servers or Server vCPUs parameter, configure value-added features, and then click Buy Now.
- Complete the payment.