This topic describes how to associate an Elastic IP Address (EIP) with an Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance. ECS instances that are associated with EIPs can communicate with the public network.
- Log on to the VPC console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Elastic IP Addresses.
- Select the region of the target EIP.
- On the Elastic IP Addresses page, find the target EIP, and then click Bind in the Actions column.
- On the Bind Elastic IP Address page, complete the following configurations, and then click OK.
Configuration Description Instance Type Select ECS Instance. ECS Instance Select the ECS instance to be associated with the EIP.The ECS instance to be associated with the EIP must meet the following requirements:
- The network type of the ECS instance must be VPC.
- The ECS instance and the EIP must belong to the same region.
- The ECS instance must be in the Running or Stopped state.
- The ECS instance cannot have a public IP address or be associated with any EIP.
- One ECS instance can be associated with only one EIP.