This article describes how to create an f3 instance.
|Due to limited computing resources, we recommend that you use instances with four cores or more for testing, for example, instance type family g5-ecs.g5.2xlarge (8 vCPU core, 32 GiB). Create an f3 instance when you need to download the image to the FPGA chipset.|
The f3 instance type family is currently available for testing by invited users. Open a ticket to request a free f3 instance test.
For more information about how to create an f3 instance, see create an ECS instance. When you create an f3 instance, follow these guidelines:
- Billing Method: Select Pay-As-You-Go or Subscription.
- During the testing phase, f3 instances are available for free. Other ECS resources including cloud disks, public network bandwidth, and snapshots will incur usage fees.
- f3 instances are not available as preemptible instances.
- Region: Select China East 2 (Shanghai).
- Instance Type: Select , and then select your required instance type.
- Image: Click Shared Image, and then select the specified image.
Note We have provided a Xilinx image for development use. At present, the image can only be retrieved through image sharing.
- System Disk: We recommend that you allocate a 200 GiB Ultra Cloud Disk for the system image.
- Network: Select VPC.
For the best practices of f3 instances, see use RTL compiler on an f3 instance.