This topic describes how to put an ECS instance that is not needed for the moment into the Standby state. After an ECS instance is put into the Standby state, the SLB weight value of the ECS instance changes to zero. If an ECS instance is in the Standby state, Auto Scaling does not check its health status or release it.
- If an SLB instance is associated with the scaling group to which the ECS instance belongs, the SLB weight value of the ECS instance changes to zero.
- The ECS instance stays in the Standby state until you manually remove it from the Standby state.
- Auto Scaling stops managing the lifecycle of the ECS instance. You must manually manage the lifecycle of the ECS instance.
- If a scale-in event is triggered, Auto Scaling will not remove the ECS instance.
- When the ECS instance is stopped or restarted, its health check status remains unchanged.
- To release the ECS instance, you must first remove it from the scaling group.
- If you delete the scaling group, the ECS instance is automatically removed from the Standby state and released.
- You can stop the ECS instance or modify its configurations. For example, you can perform the following operations:
- Log on to the Auto Scaling console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Scaling Groups.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find the target scaling group and use one of the following methods to open the details
page of the scaling group:
- Click the ID of the scaling group in the Scaling Group Name/ID column.
- Click Manage in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click ECS Instances.
- Select the source of an ECS instance.
- To select an automatically created ECS instance, click the Auto Created tab.
- To select a manually added ECS instance, click the Manually Added tab.
- Use one of the following methods to put one or more ECS instances into the Standby
- Find the ECS instance that you want to put into the Standby state and click Switch to Standby in the Actions column.
- Select multiple ECS instances that you want to put into the Standby state and click Switch to Standby in the lower part of the ECS Instances page.
- In the message that appears, click OK.