Events are user interactions with an app when users are using the app, for example, registering an account, adding items to shopping cart, and completing payment. An event describes when and where a user performs what action.
Because custom event analysis is multi-dimensional and real-time event analysis based on custom client events, before you conduct custom event analysis, you must configure event metadata and associate the data from the attributes for real-time analysis.
Log in to the mPaaS console, and complete the following steps:
- From the navigation bar on the left, click Mobile Analysis Service > Custom analysis.
- On the right of the page, click Custom configuration.
- Switch to the Event tab and click New.
- In the Basic information area, complete the following configurations:
- Event ID: Required. For the relationship between event ID with client event tracking, see the descriptions in Android custom event tracking - extParam or iOS custom event tracking - extParam.
- Display status: Whether to display the event in the event list. If you select Off, the event will not be displayed.
- Event name: Required, the name of the event.
- In the Manage attributes area, click Add. In the pop-up Add attribute window, check one or more attributes to be associated, and click OK.
Note: All preset attributes are automatically added to the event. You don’t have to add them manually.
- In the Manage attributes area of New event page, check and confirm the attribute information, and then click Submit to create the event.
On the event list page, you can perform the following operations on the event:
- Change Display status : You can manually turn the display status of this event on or off by sliding the switch.
- In the right Operations column:
- View event details: Click Details to view the basic information and associated attributes of the event.
- Delete event: Click Delete and confirm to delete the event.
After you configure an event, once the event is reported, the event appears on the Event analysis page.
Add event analysis on the Event analysis tab, or create a funnel on the Funnel analysis tab.