This topic describes how to configure a line chart to display query results.
- Increment or decrement
- Increment or decrement rate
- Increment or decrement pattern, for example, periodicity
- Peak value and trough value
Line charts are applicable to analyzing field value changes over time. You can also use a line chart to analyze the value changes of multiple fields in multiple lines over the same period and reveal the relationship between the fields. For example, the values of multiple fields are positively or negatively associated with each other.
- Left Y-axis
- Optional. Right Y-axis
- Data point
- Line of trend change
- Log on to the Log Service console.
- Click the target project in the Projects section.
- Choose , click the management icon of the target Logstore, and then select .
- Enter a query statement in the search box, select a time range, and then click Search & Analyze.
- Click to display the query results in a line chart.
- On the Properties tab, configure the properties of the line chart.Note In a line chart, each line must contain more than two data points. Otherwise, the data trend cannot be analyzed. We recommend that you configure no more than five lines in a line chart.
Parameter Description X Axis The data on the X-axis, which is usually a time sequence. Left Y Axis The numeric data on the left Y-axis. You can configure one or more fields for the left Y-axis. Right Y Axis The numeric data on the right Y-axis. You can configure one or more fields for the right Y-axis. The layer of the right Y-axis is higher than that of the left Y-axis. Column Marker The column on the left or right Y-axis that is selected as a histogram. Legend The position where the legend is located in the chart. Valid values: Top, Bottom, Left, and Right. Format Left Y-axis The format in which data configured on the left Y-axis and right Y-axis is displayed. Format Right Y-axis Left Y-axis Start Value The custom start value of the left Y-axis and right Y-axis. Right Y-axis Start Value Left Y-axis Maximum Value The custom maximum value of the left Y-axis and right Y-axis. Right Y-axis Maximum Value Line Type The type of a line displayed in the line chart. Valid values: Straight Line and Curve. Show Markers If you turn on this switch, the data points are displayed. Metric Filter If you turn on this switch, you can filter metrics to view specific types of data. Legend Width Sets the width of the legend. X-axis Scale Density Specifies the scale density of the X-axis. Value range: 3 to 30. Scatter Column Selects the Y-axis column where the scatter is located. Scatter Numeric Column The numeric value on the scatter column. Scatter Size Sets the value range of the scatter. Anomaly Point Column The column where anomaly points are located. You can set the Anomaly Point Lower Limit and Anomaly Point Upper Limit for a column.
- Anomaly Point Lower Limit: Field values that are lower than the lower limit are highlighted in red.
- Anomaly Point Upper Limit: Field values that are higher than the upper limit are highlighted in red.
Upper Limit Column The area that is formed based on the values of fields. Lower Limit Column Time Series The time series is based on fields whose values are sorted in chronological order. Time Format The time format of the time series fields. Margin The distance between the axis and the borders of the chart, including Top Margin, Bottom Margin, Right Margin, and Left Margin.
Example of a simple line chart
To query the page views (PVs) of the IP address
10.0.0.0 in the last 24 hours, execute the following statement:
remote_addr: 10.0.0.0 | select date_format(date_trunc('hour', __time__), '%m-%d %H:%i') as time, count(1) as PV group by time order by time limit 1000
time for the X-axis,
PV for the left Y-axis, and Bottom for legend. Adjust the margins based on your needs.
Example of a dual Y-axis line chart
To query the PVs and unique visitors (UVs) in the last 24 hours, execute the following statement:
* | select date_format(date_trunc('hour', __time__), '%m-%d %H:%i') as time, count(1) as PV, approx_distinct(remote_addr) as UV group by time order by time limit 1000
time for the X-axis,
PV for the left Y-axis,
UV for the right Y-axis, and
PV for column marker.