This topic describes how to configure a line chart to display query results.
- Increment or decrement
- Increment or decrement rate
- Increment or decrement pattern, for example, periodicity
- Peak value and valley value
Line charts are used to analyze field value changes over a time period. You can also use a line chart to analyze the value changes of multiple fields in multiple lines over the same time period. This allows you to analyze the relationship between the different fields. For example, the values of multiple fields can display positive, negative, or inverse trends.
- Left Y-axis
- Right Y-axis (optional)
- Data point
- Line of trend change
- Log on to the Log Service console.
- In the Projects section, click the name of the project that you want to manage.
- Choose , and then click the Logstore that you want to manage.
- Enter a query statement in the search box, specify a time range, and then click Search & Analyze.
- On the Graph tab, click the icon.
- On the Properties tab, configure the properties of the line chart.Note In a line chart, each line must contain more than two data points. Otherwise, the data trend cannot be analyzed. We recommend that you select less than five lines in a line chart.
Parameter Description X Axis The sequential data. In most cases, time series is selected. Left Y Axis The numeric data. You can select one or more fields for the left Y-axis. Right Y Axis The numeric data. You can select one or more fields for the right Y-axis. The layer of the right Y-axis is higher than that of the left Y-axis. Column Marker The column on the left or right Y-axis that is selected as a histogram. Legend The position where the legend is located in the chart. Valid values: Top, Bottom, Left, and Right. Format Left Y-axis The format in which data selected for the left Y-axis and right Y-axis is displayed. Format Right Y-axis Left Y-axis Start Value The custom minimum value of the left Y-axis and right Y-axis. Right Y-axis Start Value Left Y-axis Maximum Value The custom maximum value of the left Y-axis and right Y-axis. Right Y-axis Maximum Value Line Type The type of line that is displayed in the line chart. Valid values: Straight Line and Curve. Show Markers If you turn on the Show Markers switch, the data points are displayed. Metric Filter If you turn on the Metric Filter switch, you can filter metrics to view specific types of data. Legend Width The width of the legend. X-axis Scale Density The scale density of the X-axis. Valid values: 3 to 30. Scatter Column The Y-axis column where scatters are located. Scatter Numeric Column The numeric value on the scatter column. Scatter Size The value range of the scatters. Anomaly Point Column The column where anomaly points are located. You can set the Anomaly Point Lower Limit and Anomaly Point Upper Limit parameters for a column.
- Anomaly Point Lower Limit: Field values that are lower than the lower limit are highlighted in red.
- Anomaly Point Upper Limit: Field values that are higher than the upper limit are highlighted in red.
Upper Limit Column The area that is formed based on the values of fields. Lower Limit Column Time Series A series of data points that are listed in chronological order. Time Format The time format of the time series fields. Margin The distance between the axis and the borders of the chart. This includes the Top Margin, Bottom Margin, Left Margin, and Right Margin.
Example of a simple line chart
To query the page views (PVs) of the IP address
10.0.0.0 in the last 24 hours, execute the following query statement:
remote_addr: 10.0.0.0 | select date_format(date_trunc('hour', __time__), '%m-%d %H:%i') as time, count(1) as PV group by time order by time limit 1000
time for the X-axis,
PV for the left Y-axis, and Bottom for Legend. Adjust the margins based on your business
Example of a dual Y-axis line chart
To query the PVs and unique visitors (UVs) in the last 24 hours, execute the following query statement:
* | select date_format(date_trunc('hour', __time__), '%m-%d %H:%i') as time, count(1) as PV, approx_distinct(remote_addr) as UV group by time order by time limit 1000
time for the X-axis,
PV for the left Y-axis,
UV for the right Y-axis, and
UV for Column Marker.