To meet your business requirements for flexible deployment, you can migrate ECS instances from a shared cloud hosting server to a DDH under your account.
Before migrating an ECS instance from a shared cloud hosting server to a DDH, make sure the following:
Before you migrate an ECS instance from a shared cloud hosting server to a DDH, consider the following:
- The ECS instance and the destination DDH must be owned by one account and in the same region and zone. Besides, the ECS instance type must be eligible on the DDH. For more information, see dedicated host types.
Note ECS instances with local SSD disks cannot be migrated.
- The ECS instance must be in the Stopped status.
Note An ECS instance must be in the Stopped status when migrating. Stopping an ECS instance may interrupt your business operations. Proceed with caution.
- The billing method of the ECS instance depends on the billing method of the destination DDH:
Subscription On a Subscription DDH, both Subscription and Pay-As-You-Go ECS instances can run. The Subscription ECS instance to be migrated must expire earlier than the destination DDH.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances.
- Select a region.
- Optional: In the upper-right corner of the instance list, click the Set Display Items icon, and on the dialog box, click Dedicated Host, and then click OK.
You can view the Dedicated Host column in the table, which helps you locate the host that an ECS instance is hosted on.
- Find an ECS instance, and in the Actions column, select , to stop the instance.
- When the instance is in the Stopped status, in the Actions column, select .
- On the dialog box, select a DDH and click OK.