Dedicated Host (DDH) allows you to reduce costs when you migrate your business to Alibaba Cloud. DDH also meets strict regulatory compliance.
DDH provides a dedicated environment for a single tenant to exclusively use all the physical resources that are provided by a cloud host. DDH also provides flexibility to deploy Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances. Dedicated hosts are powered by the virtualization technology of Alibaba Cloud. The ECS instances on the dedicated host have the same features and performance indexes as the ECS instances on a shared host. For more information about ECS, see What is ECS?
- Provides dedicated resources.
- Improves business security.
- Meets strict regulatory compliance.
- Allows you to bring your own license (BYOL) to Alibaba Cloud.
- Allows you to specify the host where ECS instances reside when you deploy the ECS instances.
- Provides the dedicated host types that allow you to customize the vCPU-to-memory ratio of an ECS instance.
- Reduces the deployment cost of ECS instances by using the CPU overprovisioned dedicated host type. For more information about the CPU overprovisioned dedicated host type, see Dedicated host types.
|Item||ECS instances on a dedicated host||ECS instances on a shared host|
You can create an ECS instance based on a predefined instance family.
The CPU, memory, and network resources of a dedicated host are isolated from other hosts. Therefore, physical isolation can guarantee a high security level.
Resources of a virtual server are isolated from other virtual servers. However, other resources such as network and memory are shared by multiple tenants.
Meets strict regulatory requirements.
The resources of a dedicated host can be used by only one tenant. It is suitable for businesses that require strict supervision, such as financial businesses.
Meets general regulatory requirements.
The resources of a shared host can be used by multiple tenants.
The information of a dedicated host is provided, such as the serial number, the number of CPU sockets, and the number of physical CPU cores. You can bring your own licenses to Alibaba Cloud to reduce migration costs.
The information of a shared host is not provided.
|Deployment and migration||
The system selects a shared host on which the ECS instances are deployed.
You cannot specify a host on which the ECS instances are deployed.