After you use the custom monitoring feature to report monitoring data to Cloud Monitor, you can create a dashboard and add custom monitoring charts to display the monitoring data in charts.
- Create a dashboard.
- Log on to the Cloud Monitor console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the page that appears, click Create Dashboard in the upper-right corner.
- In the Create Dashboard dialog box, enter a dashboard name.
- Click Create.
- Add a custom monitoring chart.
- On the dashboard where you want to add a custom monitoring chart, click Add View in the upper-right corner.
- In the Add View panel, select a chart type and specify a metric on the Custom tab in the Select Metrics section.
- Click Save.
- View the custom monitoring chart.
After the custom monitoring chart is added, you can view it by using one of the following methods:
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose . On the page that appears, select the dashboard where the custom monitoring chart resides from the Dashboards drop-down list. View the custom monitoring chart on the dashboard.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Custom Monitoring. On the Time Series tab of the Custom Monitoring page, view the custom monitoring chart.