If you no longer need Security Center to protect your assets, you can uninstall the Security Center agent from the asset in the Security Center console. After you uninstall the agent, Security Center no longer protects your assets. This topic describes how to uninstall the Security Center agent in the Security Center console.
- You can uninstall the agent in the Security Center console. You can also uninstall the agent from your server by using an application. Before you uninstall the agent from your server, make sure that the client protection feature is disabled. For more information about how to disable client protection, see Client protection.
- After you uninstall the agent, the alerts and Security Center configurations of your assets are released. If you reinstall the agent, the historical alerts and quarantined files are not associated with your assets. Proceed with caution.
- After you uninstall the agent, the protection status of your asset changes to unprotected, and the historical assets information about this is retained in the Security Center console. You can unbind the third-party cloud servers on which the agent is offline. For more information, see Disassociate an external server.
- Before you use the method described in this topic to uninstall the agent, make sure that your server is connected to Security Center. Otherwise, you may fail to uninstall the agent. If you want to reinstall the agent, install it 24 hours later. If you want to reinstall the agent within 24 hours after you uninstall it, you must run the installation command more than three times and ignore error messages during the installation.
Notice Otherwise, the reinstalled agent is automatically uninstalled.
- Log on to the Security Center console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Settings.
- On the Settings page, click the Agent tab.
- On the Agent tab, click Uninstall Client in the upper-right corner.
- In the Uninstall Agent dialog box, specify the server on which you want to uninstall the agent and click Confirm.
You can enter the server name or IP address to query the server from which you want to uninstall the agent. You can specify only one server at a time.The system automatically uninstalls the agent on the specified server.Note In most cases, the agent state changes from Enabled to Closed a few minutes after the agent is uninstalled. However, it takes a maximum of three hours before the agent state changes.