You can use the following methods to uninstall the Security Center agent and disable the protection. This topic describes how to uninstall the agent.
Before you uninstall the Security Center agent, you must read the following information:
- After you uninstall the agent, the alert history and quarantined files cannot be associated with your assets. Proceed with caution.
- After the agent is uninstalled, the state of the asset in the console changes to offline. You can unbind the offline asset and delete the records of the asset.
- If you use the following methods to uninstall the agent on a server, make sure that
the server stays in the online state in the Security Center console. If you want to
reinstall the Security Center agent, you must install the agent manually. During the
manual installation, ignore possible errors and rerun the install command more than
Notice After the agent is uninstalled, Security Center initializes the self protection. The protection duration is 24 hours. You must reinstall the agent after 24 hours or rerun the install command more than three times during the protection duration.
Uninstall the agent in the console
- Log on to the Security Center.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Settings.
- On the Settings page, click the Agent Tab.
- On the Agent page, click Uninstall Agent in the upper-right corner.
- On the Uninstall Agent dialog box that appears, select the server on which you want to uninstall the agent
and click Confirm.
Security Center allows you to enter a server name or IP address to retrieve the server on which you want to uninstall the agent.The system automatically uninstalls the Security Center agent on the specified server.Notice The agent state is changed from Enabled to Closed six hours after the Security Center agent is uninstalled.
Manually uninstall the agent
To obtain the commands and guide for manually uninstalling a Security Center agent, submit a ticket.