This topic introduces progress bars, including an overview and an application example. This topic also describes how to configure the style of a progress bar and how to delete a progress bar.
A progress bar displays the progress of a task.
A progress bar consists of multiple progress pointers. Pointers are determined by measures, such as order quantity.
- You can specify up to five measures for the pointers.
- Before you use a progress bar, you must specify target values in the Functionality section on the Style tab.
Scenario: Use a progress bar to display the order quantity. The following example uses the company_sales_record dataset to describe the application of a progress bar.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the Workspace page, click Datasets.
On the Datasets page that appears, find the company_sales_record dataset, and click the icon in the Actions column.Note If you are using Quick BI Enterprise Standard, select Standard or Full Screen as the dashboard type. In this example, Standard is selected.
- Click the icon. A progress bar appears in the display area of the dashboard.
- Click the Data tab and select the required measures.
In the Measures list, find and add order_number to the Pointer (Mea.) field.
- Click Update. The chart is updated.
- Click the Style tab and configure parameters in the Basic Information, Functionality, Style Settings, and Series Settings sections.
- Click Save in the upper-right corner. In the Save Dashboard dialog box that appears, enter a name for the dashboard and click OK.
Configure parameters on the Style tab
- In the Basic Information section, configure Show Title and Description, Show Link, and Visual Style. Quick BI supports three styles: Bar, Ring, Liquid Fill.
- In the Functionality section, set target values. You can specify fixed or dynamic target values. The dynamic values are calculated by using aggregate functions.
- In the Style Settings section, specify the number of progress bars displayed in each row, the display mode of the current or target value, and colors for the progress bars.
- In the Series Settings section, specify Display Name, Description, and Number Formatting for each measure.
Delete the progress bar
Follow these steps to delete a progress bar:
- Click the icon in the upper-right corner of the progress bar.
- Select Delete.