- Party B shall provide technical support for Party A to smoothly migrate Party A’s business system (big data applications are not included) to Alibaba Cloud by means of data migration using Alibaba Cloud’s IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS cloud products. It shall also provide Party A with application transformation suggestions or redeployment recommendations;
- Party B shall implement application migration and data migration by providing technical support;
- Party B neither develops applications for the system to be migrated, or provides design for particular application and database transformation. However, Party B shall provide consulting, technical advice, and solutions for problems occurred in the cloud migration process, and help Party A resolve such problems, so that cloud migration can be smoothly implemented.
The following terms are not inluded in Party B’s services:
- Application transformation, application design, and database logical structure design;
- Migration of application systems not explicitly included “in the scope” of migration;
- Migration of data not explicitly included “in the scope” of migration;
- Design and construction of the cloud platform infrastructure and environment;
- Communication infrastructure and components required for implementation;
- Installation or configuration of electrical, electronic communication, and cabling infrastructures and components, and the provision of related support;
- Installation or configuration of non-IT equipment and desktop equipment, such as office furniture, printers, air conditioners, UPSs, and tapes.
- If this Project is implemented on the premises of Party A, upon start of the Project, Party A shall provide the necessary office facilities, including desks and chairs, restroom facilities, mains power supply and outlets, and network cables. Party A shall ensure the security of Party B’s personnel. The office environment provided by Party A shall be free of harmful gases. Outdoor environments provided shall be protected against inclement weather;
- Party A has completed the business system migration consultation and received the migration consultation report customized for Party B’s cloud platform. Party B implements migration based on the consultation report;
- All work records and documents of the Project shall be in Chinese, and shall be provided as required by Party A. The electronic files shall be submitted in Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, or Microsoft Project format;
- During the Project, Party A and Party B shall communicate with each other in a manner agreed upon by both parties. Optional communication methods include Internet, fax, email, or written communication;
- Both parties have signed the on-site report for the on-site service, and confirmed the service start time and end time.
Based on the migration consulting report, Party B shall organize an infrastructure expert team to implement the cloud infrastructure solution, purchase and activate the cloud infrastructure, provide technical support to assist Party A to implement the cloud network architecture, data center access, and network security policies, and assist Party A to complete cutover from the on-premise infrastructure to the cloud infrastructure.
After implementation of the cloud infrastructure migration, the on-premise infrastructure is migrated to the cloud platform, and services can be provided to the external access in a sustainable and stable manner based on the cloud infrastructure.
Based on the migration consulting report, Party B shall organize a networking expert team to implement the hybrid cloud networking solution, and assist Party A to implement the following tasks: hybrid cloud networking with leased line or Virtual Private Network (VPN); CIDR block allocation, routing, and security policies of the hybrid cloud network; cutover of the business system to the hybrid cloud network.
After implementation of hybrid cloud networking, Party A shall have a secure and reliable hybrid cloud network and provide services in a sustainable and stable manner through the hybrid cloud network.
Based on the migration consulting report, Party B shall organize a VPN expert team to implement the cloud intranet access solution, and assist Party A to implement the following tasks: deployment and configuration of Party A’s Open VPN system; user authentication and authorization for cloud products based on the directory services, such as LDAP and MySQL; cutover of cloud products’ access to the enterprise VPN.
After implementation of the enterprise VPN access, Party A shall be able to implement the user authentication, authorization, and management services for cloud products based on the original directory services.
Based on the migration consulting report, Party B shall organize a middleware expert team to implement the migration solutions of various types of middleware, provide instructions for Party A to purchase and activate middleware such as cloud cache, messaging, and applications, and assist Party A to complete cutover from the on-premise middleware to the cloud middleware. In the migration process, Party B shall provide Party A’s development engineers with the technical support for using and optimizing the transformed middleware interfaces of applications.
Based on the migration consulting report, Party B shall organize a storage data expert team to implement the cloud storage and data migration solutions, provide instructions for Party A to purchase and activate cloud data and storage products, and provide technical support to assist Party A to complete the following tasks: full and incremental data migration, verification of the full and incremental data migration results, and cutover from on-premise storage data to cloud storage data. In the migration process, Party B shall provide Party A’s development engineers with the technical support for using and optimizing the transformed storage interfaces of applications.
After implementation of storage data migration, the on-premise storage data is migrated to the cloud storage platform and the business system can provide services in a sustainable and stable manner through the on-cloud storage platform.
Based on the migration consulting report, Party B shall organize a database expert team to implement the cloud database migration solutions, provide instructions for Party A to purchase and activate cloud database products, and provide technical support to help Party A complete the following tasks: full and incremental database migration, verification of the full and incremental database migration results, and cutover from on-premise database to cloud database. In the migration process, Party B shall provide Party A’s development engineers with the technical support for using and optimizing the transformed database interfaces of applications.
After implementation of database migration, the on-premise database is migrated to the cloud platform and the business system can provide services in a sustainable and stable manner through the on-cloud database platform.
Party B shall deliver O&M training based on the cloud products used by Party A.
The process is described as follows:
Project kickoff meeting
Both parties negotiate with each other to determine the stakeholders of the project.
Prepare the project kickoff meeting report.
Obtain the project cloud migration consulting report or solution.
Party B submits the “Project Kickoff Meeting Report”, Party A is responsible for holding the project kickoff meeting, and both parties reach an agreement on the Project’s content.
Confirm the cloud migration solution.
Design the cloud migration solution and steps, and develop a migration plan based on the cloud migration report.
Party B submits the “Data Migration Implementation Solution”, and both parties agree on the solution.
Implement cloud migration of the business system.
Implement cloud migration of the business system based on the cloud migration solution.
Handle technical issues encountered in the cloud migration process.
Organize a cloud system environment that is suitable for trial run.
Party B submits a system environment for trial run. Party A confirms the environment and starts the trial run.
Handle the customer feedback.
In the trial run phase, provide the feedback and handling suggestions for use of cloud products.
The trial run is completed and the acceptance criteria is met.
Cloud migration project acceptance
Prepare documents and materials related to the cloud migration project.
Prepare the cloud migration project acceptance meeting.
Party B submits the “Cloud Migration Summary Report”, and Party A signs the report to complete the project acceptance.
- Project kickoff meeting: Alibaba Cloud submits the “Project Kickoff Meeting Report” and the customer is responsible for holding the project kickoff meeting. Both parties reach an agreement regarding the project’s main content, implementation methods, and objectives.
- Project plan report: Alibaba Cloud submits the “Project Implementation Solution” and both parties reach an agreement regarding the Project’s implementation content, processes, steps, and plans.
- Implementation report: Alibaba Cloud submits the “Cloud Migration Implementation Report”. Both parties reach an agreement regarding the content of the implementation report, and confirm that the implementation results are consistent with the expectations.
- Cloud migration implementation acceptance: After Alibaba Cloud submits the “Project Acceptance Report”, the customer shall confirm the content in the report within five working days and sign their acceptance comments.
The Project has four major milestones:
[NOTE] The project start time shall be subject to the time of signing the “Application System Migration Implementation Service Project Contract”.
Project kickoff meeting
Project plan report
Cloud migration implementation acceptance
- The customer shall assign a project owner to help Alibaba Cloud smoothly perform the implementation service. The owner shall be responsible for coordination and management. For example, if Alibaba Cloud requires a service halt, this project owner shall coordinate and arrange the halt time. The owner shall also be responsible for review and acceptance of the service provided by Alibaba Cloud;
- The customer shall provide the information about the business system to be migrated, including, but not limited to, technology stacks, application architectures, deployment architectures, data volumes, and performance;
- During the process that Alibaba Cloud provides the implementation service, if a fault occurs due to third-party software in the documents provided by the customer, the customer shall negotiate with the third-party vendor and request the vendor to assist Alibaba Cloud to rectify the fault;
- During service cutover, the customer shall ensure all time windows required for the cloud platform upgrade and inform Alibaba Cloud of the time windows. Once confirmed, the time windows shall not be changed. After upgrade, the customer shall confirm the service running status of corresponding applications;
- In the fixed asset leasing mode where assets are properties of Alibaba Cloud, the customer shall be responsible for taking care of and protect these assets. For assets in the customer’s data center, the customer shall ensure that the hardware is consistent with the receipt after handover. All changes to hardware shall be confirmed by Alibaba Cloud, and these changes include, but not limited to, assets sent into or taken out of the data center, rack location changes, and equipment configuration changes (including, but not limited to, replacement of memory or hard disk).
- Alibaba Cloud provides the customer with following project reports:
- After these project reports are submitted, Party A shall confirm the solution within five working days. If no objection is raised, both parties shall sign the “Project Acceptance Report”;
- Signing of the “Project Acceptance Report” is deemed as completion of project acceptance.
Project acceptance can start after the following acceptance criteria are met:
Cloud Migration Project Kickoff Meeting Report
Cloud Migration Implementation Solution
Cloud Migration Implementation Report
The Cloud Migration Service is complete after project acceptance is finished and both parties sign the “Project Acceptance Report”.