- Party B shall provide technical support for Party A to smoothly migrate Party A’s big data system to Alibaba Cloud by data migration, application transformation suggestions or redeployment recommendations;
- Party B shall support and implement big data application migration and data migration;
- Party B will not develops the applications to be migrated, or provides specific application and database transformation designs. However, Party B shall provide suggestions, technical guidance, and solutions for problems occurred during cloud migration, and help Party A resolve such problems, so that cloud migration can be smoothly implemented.
Party B’s services in the Project DO NOT include the following:
- Application transformation, application design, and database logical structure design;
- Migration of application systems is not explicitly included “in the scope” of migration;
- Migration of data is not explicitly included “in the scope” of migration;
- Design and setup of the cloud platform infrastructure and environment;
- Communication infrastructure and components which are required for implementation;
- Installation or configuration of electrical, electronic communication, and cabling infrastructure and components, and the provision of related support;
- Installation or configuration of non-IT and desktop equipment, such as office furniture, printers, air conditioners, UPSs, and tapes.
- Party A has completed consulting about migration or construction of the big data application system and received the migration or construction consulting report customized for Party B’s cloud platform. The implementation work shall be based on the consulting report;
- If the Project is implemented on the premises of Party A, upon start of the Project, Party A shall provide the necessary office facilities, including desks and chairs, restroom facilities, mains power supply and outlets, and network cables. Party A shall ensure the personal safety of Party B’s personnel. The office environment provided by Party A shall be free of harmful gases. Outdoor environments provided shall be protected against inclement weather;
- All work records and documents of the Project shall be in Chinese, and shall be provided as required by Party A. The electronic files shall be submitted in Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, or Microsoft Project format;
- During the Project, Party A and Party B shall communicate with each other in a manner agreed upon by both parties. Optional communication methods include Internet, fax, email, or written communication;
- Both parties have signed the site arrival report for the on-site service, and confirmed the service start time and end time.
Based on the cloud big data architecture design in Consulting Report, Party B’s big data expert team shall
- Assist in implementation of the cloud big data architecture; instruct Party A to buy and activate big data cloud products;
- Provide Party A with technical support to use, configure, and optimize the big data cloud products;
- Achieve big data applications such as computing, mining, and presentation.
After the implementation of the cloud big data architecture, Party A shall be able to provide a cloud big data platform in line with its business needs and build the basic environment for big data applications.
Big data application migration: For Party A who has built an offline big data system, Party B’s big data expert team shall
- Implement the system and data migration solution based on the data migration design in the Consulting Report;
- Instruct Party A to buy and activate appropriate big data computing and storage products;
- Migrate big data applications by using MaxCompute, E-MapReduce (EMR), and other cloud products;
- Migrate data using VPC, Lightning Cube, and other methods.
After migration of the big data system, Party A shall be able to obtain big data applications on the cloud big data platform, ensuring that the big data services are continuously provided before and after the migration.
Data ETL implementation: Based on the data ETL design in the consulting report (mainly for the self-owned or outsourced structured data), Party B’s big data expert team shall
- Help Party A implement the data ETL solution;
- Buy and activate data ETL related cloud products;
- Build the data ETL channel to extract, clean, and load data before data storage, so that external data can quickly and efficiently be saved to the data warehouse.
After data ETL implementation, Party A shall be able to obtain big data from various data sources to improve the data diversity of big data applications.
Based on the data model planning in the consulting report, Party B’s big data expert team shall
- Help Party A implement the data modeling and data warehouse construction solution and sort business data association;
- Instruct Party A to implement the data warehouse logic or physical model, complete data warehouse development and production environment construction, and use big data cloud products to build business-related data models and data warehouses.
After implementation of the data model and data warehouse, Party A shall be able to obtain the data model and data warehouse to fulfill the business needs, achieve data integration, and quickly build big data applications.
Data quality and data control implementation: Based on the quality control planning in the consulting report, Party B’s big data expert team shall
- Help Party A implement the data quality and control solution, and build the data quality standard, inspection process, operation specifications, and control policies;
- Instruct Party A to control the data quality using big data cloud products to ensure efficient control of the cloud big data platform quality and timely detection and handling of data defects.
After data quality and data control implementation, Party A shall be able to obtain the measures, methods, and capabilities for controlling the data quality, ensuring the data quality of big data applications.
Based on the data collection design in the consulting report (mainly for the non-structured data on the Internet), Party B’s big data expert team shall
- Guide the implementation of the data collection solution; instruct Party A to buy appropriate data collection products;
- Instruct Party A to extract, sort, and convert the collected data using big data cloud products;
- Help Party A store the collected data.
After data collection guidance, Party A shall be able to obtain non-structured data from the Internet, improving the data diversity of big data applications.
Based on the data presentation design in the consulting report, Party B’s big data expert team shall
- Instruct Party A to implement the data presentation solution;
- Buy and activate appropriate big data presentation products;
- Complete big data presentation on various types of clients, such as PCs, mobile phones, and dashboards, using big data products.
After data presentation guidance, Party A shall be able to achieve multi-channel presentation of big data public, analysis, and mining results, improving the analysis presentation capabilities of big data applications.
Based on the big data algorithm design in the consulting report, Party B’s big data expert team shall complete data preprocessing and big data algorithm implementation, and provide business comments and suggestions based on the algorithm result.
Party B shall deliver O&M training based on the big data cloud products used by Party A.
Figure 1: Service Process
Table 1: Process description and completion criteria
The process is described as follows:
Project kickoff meeting
l Both parties negotiate the stakeholders and contact persons of the Project, confirm the consulting solution content, and clarify the implementation methods, processes, and arrangement.
l Prepare the project kickoff meeting report and hold the project kickoff meeting.
Party B submits the “XXXX Project Kickoff Meeting Report”, Party A is responsible for holding the project kickoff meeting, and both parties reach an agreement on the content of the Project.
Confirm the implementation solution
l Obtain Party A’s consulting solution, confirm the big data implementation solution, and formulate the implementation steps and plans.
Party B submits the “XXXX Project Big Data Implementation Solution”, and both parties agree on the solution.
Implement the big data solution
l Deploy or activate the big data cloud products.
l Configure the big data products.
l Instruct Party A or a third party in code development.
l Train Party A or a third party in product use.
Party B submits the “XXXX Project Big Data Implementation Report”, and both parties agree on the solution.
l Prepare and submit the acceptance documents.
l Prepare the project acceptance report.
Party B submits the “XXXX Project Big Data Implementation Report”, and Party A signs the report to confirm acceptance.
The Project has five major milestones:
- Project kickoff meeting: Alibaba Cloud submits the “Project Kickoff Meeting Report”, the customer is responsible for holding the project kickoff meeting, and both parties reach an agreement regarding the Project’s main content, implementation methods, and expectations.
- Implementation solution report: Alibaba Cloud submits the “Project Implementation Solution”, and both parties reach an agreement regarding the Project’s implementation content, processes, steps, and plans.
- Implementation report: Alibaba Cloud submits the “Project Implementation Report”, and both parties reach an agreement regarding the Implementation content and result.
- Project implementation acceptance: After Alibaba Cloud submits the “Project Acceptance Report”, the customer shall confirm the content in the report within five working days and sign their acceptance comments.
[NOTE] The project start time shall be subject to the time for signing the “XXXX Big Data Application Implementation Service Project Contract”.
Project kickoff meeting
Project solution report
Project implementation acceptance
- The customer shall assign a project owner to help Alibaba Cloud smoothly perform the implementation service. The owner shall be responsible for coordination and management. For example, if Alibaba Cloud requires a service halt, this project owner shall coordinate and arrange the halt time. The owner shall also be responsible for review and acceptance of the service provided by Alibaba Cloud;
- The customer must provide the information about big data applications, including but not limited to technology stacks, big data tool software, application architectures, deployment architectures, data volumes, and performance;
- During the process that Alibaba Cloud provides the implementation service, if a fault occurs due to third-party software in the documents provided by the customer, the customer shall negotiate with the third-party vendor and request the vendor to help Alibaba Cloud rectify the fault;
- During service cutover, the customer shall ensure all time windows required for the cloud platform upgrade and inform Alibaba Cloud of the time windows. Once confirmed, the time windows shall not be changed. After upgrade, the customer shall confirm the service running status of corresponding applications;
- In the fixed asset leasing mode where assets are properties of Alibaba Cloud, the customer shall be responsible for taking care of and protect these assets. For assets in the customer’s data center, the customer shall ensure that the hardware is consistent with the receipt after handover. All changes to hardware shall be confirmed by Alibaba Cloud, and these changes include, but not limited to, assets sent into or taken out of the data center, rack location changes, and equipment configuration changes (including but not limited to replacement of memories or hardware).
Project acceptance can start after the following acceptance criteria are met:
- Alibaba Cloud provides the customer with the following project reports:
XXXX Project Big Data and Machine Learning Implementation Kickoff Meeting Report
XXXX Project Big Data and Machine Learning Implementation Solution
XXXX Project Big Data and Machine Learning Implementation Report
- After these project reports are submitted, Party A shall confirm the solution within five working days. If no objection is raised, both parties sign the “Project Acceptance Report”;
- Signing of the “Project Acceptance Report” is deemed as completion of project acceptance.
The big data and machine learning implementation is complete after project acceptance is finished and both parties sign the “Project Acceptance Report”.