This topic describes how to view the spending details of an ApsaraDB for RDS instance in the ApsaraDB for RDS console. These spending details include the fees for additional backup storage and features such as SQL audit, instance-level backup, performance monitoring.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, choose .
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- Specify the filter criteria based on which you want to query spending details.
The following table lists the fees that you need to pay for an RDS instance.
Type Fee Post-paid fees
- The fee required to purchase the RDS instance if the instance uses pay-as-you-go billing.
- The additional fees required to enable features such as SQL audit and backup. You must pay for the backup usage that exceeds the capacity of the specified free tier.
Pre-paid fees The fee required to purchase the RDS instance if the instance uses subscription billing.Note You can query only the spending details within a single month. You cannot select a time range that spans more than one month. For example, you cannot select a time range from February 10, 2018 to March 10, 2018. If you want to query the spending details that were generated more than 12 months ago, you must submit a ticket.
- Find the target bill, and click Detail in the Action column.
Note The Date and Time parameter indicates the date and time when the bill was generated instead of the date and time when the service was enabled. For example, if you enabled a service at 23:00 on January 31 and the bill was generated at 01:00 on February 1, the Date and Time parameter of the bill indicates 01:00 on February 1.
- Why am I charged additional fees for a subscription-billed RDS instance?
The fee you pay when you purchase a subscription-billed RDS instance only covers the instance and its storage capacity. If you create read-only instances, enable SQL explorer (SQL audit) or performance monitoring, or consume more space to store backups than allowed by the specified free tier, you must pay the additional fees incurred. For more information, see Billing items.
- Will I be charged for a pay-as-you-go-billed RDS instance that I am not using?
Yes, your pay-as-you-go-billed RDS instance consumes computing and storage resources even if you are not using it. Therefore, you are still charged an hourly fee. If you will not use your pay-as-you-go-billed RDS instance for a long period of time, we recommend that you save its data and then release the RDS instance.
- Is the inbound and outbound Internet traffic consumed for my pay-as-you-go- and subscription-billed RDS instances free of charge?
Yes, all of the inbound and outbound Internet traffic that is consumed for your pay-as-you-go- and subscription-billed RDS instances is free of charge.