1. When will the guaranteed-performance instance start charging the specification fees?
Alibaba Cloud Server Load Balancer (SLB) launched the guaranteed-performance instances in May, 2017, and started the testing at the same time. For now, the guaranteed-performance instance has been tested for 10 months. SLB will charge the specification fee on guaranteed-performance instances from April 1, 2018. For more information, see How to use guaranteed-performance instances?.
The fee collection for the guaranteed-performance instances take effect in batches by regions:
- The first batch:
Effective time: From April 1 to April 10
Regions: Singapore, Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur), Indonesia (Jakarta), India (Mumbai), US (Silicon Valley), US (Virginia)
- The second batch:
Effective time: From April 11 to April 20
Effective regions: China (Hangzhou), China (Zhangjiakou), China (Hohhot), China (Hong Kong)
- The third batch:
Effective time: From April 21 to April 30
Effective regions: China North 1 (Qingdao), China North 2 (Beijing), China East 2 (Shanghai), China South 1 (Shenzhen)
2. Will intranet SLB instances be charged for specification fee?
- If the intranet SLB instance is a shared-performance SLB instance, no specification fees are collected.
- If the intranet SLB instance is a guaranteed-performance SLB instance, corresponding specification fees are collected.
The specification fees are collected as the same as the Internet guaranteed-performance instances, but intranet guaranteed-performance instances are free from instance fee and traffic fee.
3. Will the billing of shared-performance instances be affected after the specification fees are charged?
The shared-performance instances will not be charged for the specification fee.
However, if you change the shared-performance instances to the guaranteed-performance instances, the specification fees will be collected from April 1, 2018.
4. Can shared-performance instances be changed to guaranteed-performance instances?
Once an instance is changed to the guaranteed-performance type, it cannot change back and will be charged from April 1st.
5. What are the specifications for shared-performance instances?
Shared-performance instances do not guarantee the performance. No specifications are available.
6. How to select a performance specification?
- You can select the largest specification for Pay-As-You-Go instances, because Pay-As-You-Go instance are charged according to the actual usage and are free of charge in idle time.
7. What are the prices of performance specifications?
Six specifications are provided for guaranteed-performance SLB instances. No specification fee is collected for the Standard I (slb.s1.small) specification. For more information, see Billing.
8. Are the traffic fee and instance fee of guaranteed-performance instances the same as those of shared-performance instances?
9. How many guaranteed-performance instances can be created?
Same as the shared-performance instances, you can purchase up to 60 guaranteed-performance instances. Open a ticket to apply for more quota.
10. Can I adjust the specification of a guaranteed-performance instance?
- You can upgrade or downgrade a Pay-As-You-Go guaranteed-performance instance. For more information, see Change the configuration.
- Once a shared-performance instance is changed to a guaranteed-performance instance, it cannot be changed back.
- Some instances may exist in older clusters due to historical stock. These instances need to be migrated when they are changed to guaranteed-performance instances. Therefore a service interruption of 10-30 seconds may occur. We recommend that you change the instance type when the traffic is low.
11. Can I still buy shared-performance instances?
However, the shared-performance instances will be phased out in the future. Please pay attention to the official notifications.