This chapter shows how to configure Quick BI to render data from ApsaraDB for RDS. The following information uses a MySQL database as an example.
Assume that you already have an existing MySQL database running and data to render.
The configuration includes the following three parts.
- Configure Quick BI
- Create a dashboard
- Publish a dashboard
- Obtain MySQL credentials.
- Obtain a free trial Quick BI or a purchased version.
For more information, see Purchase, upgrade, and renew.
Configure Quick BI
- Log on to the Quick BI console.
- Select , to enter the data source management page
- Select , to create a new data source from the Cloud database.
- Copy IP ranges, which are displayed in the blue area. See the following figure.
- Log on to the RDS console.
- Select the region where the target instance is located.
- Click the name of the target instance to go to the Basic Information page.
The Internet Address is the database endpoint.
- Select Security in the left-side navigation pane to visit the Security page.
- On the Whitelist Settings tab page, click Modify, as shown in the following figure.
- Click Clear to delete the IP address 127.0.0.1.
- Click Add a Whitelist Group to add a new whitelist group.
- Enter a new group name and paste IP ranges in the whitelist area.
- Click OK to complete the whitelist settings.
For more information, see Set whitelist .
- Go back to the Quick BI data sources management page.
- Select .
- Enter the required information for connecting to a data source, as shown in the following figure.
- Name: The name of the data source.
- Database Endpoint: Enter the host name or Internet address.
- Port: Enter the correct port number.
- Database: The name of the database to be connected to.
- User Name: The user name of the database.
- Password: The password of the database.
- Click Test Connection to perform the data source connectivity test.
If the connection goes well, a successful information is displayed.
- Click Add. The data source is added.
Create a dashboard
- Select a data table in the data source management page.
- Click Create Dataset next to the data table.
- Click Dashboards to enter the dashboard management page.
- Select Create > Dashboard to enter the dashboard editing page.
- Select or search for the dataset that you want to analyze, as shown in following figure.
For more information about dashboard basic operations, see Dashboard basic operations.
- Double-click a chart icon, for example, the line chart. The line chart sample is displayed.
- Select required dimension fields and measurement fields.
- Click Update to complete the line chart creation.
- Click Save to save current dashboard.
Make public a dashboard
- Select a dashboard in the dashboard management page.
- Click Make Public icon next to the selected dashboard.
- Select an expiration date, and select Regenerate URL.
- Copy the generated URL to your browser to view the dashboard contents.
You can get further detailed information from the following addresses.