The CloudMonitor service can monitor OSS resources. You can use CloudMonitor to view resource usage, performance, and health status on Alibaba Cloud. Using the alarm service, you can react rapidly to keep applications running smoothly. This article introduces how to monitor OSS resources, set OSS alarm rules, and create custom monitoring dashboard.
Monitor OSS resources
- Log on to the CloudMonitor console.
- Select You can obtain monitoring data on the OSS monitoring page.
Note “by User” refers to user-level data, that is, all bucket data of this user.
from the left-side navigation pane to enter the OSS monitoring page, as shown in the following figure.
Set alarm rules
- Find the Alarm Rules tab on OSS monitoring page, and then click Create Alarm Rule.
- Configure your alarm rules.
For configuration details, see Manage alarm rules.
- The alarm rule is generated when the configuration is completed. You can use test data to check whether the rule has taken effect by verifying if the alarm information was received successfully (over email, SMS, Trademanager, or DingTalk).
Custom monitoring dashboard
You can customize the OSS resource monitoring map on the CloudMonitor Console. The procedure is as follows.