If an Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance in the classic network or in a virtual private cloud (VPC) has been assigned a public IP address, you can change the public IP address of the instance within 6 hours after the instance is created.
- The instance is in the Stopped (
Stopped) state.Note If the billing method of an instances is pay-as-you-go and the network type of the instance is VPC, you must enable the standard mode for the instance when you stop the instance. If you enable the economical mode for the instance, the Change Public IP Address option is not displayed in the ECS console.
- The instance has a public IP address assigned.
- The instance is less than 6 hours old.
- The public IP address of the instance can be changed up to three times.
- The operations described in this topic are not applicable to the instance that has
no public IP address assigned. In this case, you can use one of the following methods
to assign a public IP address (system-assigned public IP address or elastic IP address)
to the instance:
- Apply for and associate an elastic IP address (EIP) with the instance. For more information, see Apply for an EIP of EIP documentation.
- Modify the public bandwidth of the instance to allocate a system-assigned public IP address. For information about subscription instances, see Overview of instance upgrade and downgrade. For information about pay-as-you-go instances, see Modify the bandwidth configurations of pay-as-you-go instances.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find the instance whose public IP address you want to change. Choose .
- In the Change Public IP Address dialog box, click Start Now. If the public IP address of the instance is changed, a new public IP address is displayed in the dialog box.
- Click OK.