This topic describes how to add video sources.
Production studios support three types of video sources. You can add video sources in the following ways:
- API operation calls: You can add third-party live streams to production studios as video sources by specifying a third-party streaming URL when you call an API operation.
- Console: You can add live streams and on-demand videos under a domain that is managed
in ApsaraVideo Live to production studios as video sources.
- Live streams: You can add ongoing live streams under a domain to production studios as video sources. You can view ongoing live streams on the Ingest Endpoint Management page.
- On-demand videos: You can add videos that are uploaded to ApsaraVideo VOD and preprocessed to production studios as video sources.
Note By default. you can add up to six video sources. To increase the limit, submit a ticket.
- Log on to the ApsaraVideo Live console. In the left-side navigation pane, click Production Studios. On the Production Studio Management page, find the production studio to which you want to add video source and click Open in the Actions column.
- Click Add Video.
- If you set the Adding Method parameter to Select Live Stream, set the Name Remark and parameters, select an ingest URL, and then click OK. The system automatically displays the ingest URLs of live streams under the selected domain name. You can select an ingest URL as needed.
- If you set the Adding Method parameter to VOD, set the Name Remark parameter. Click Select and select a video from the drop-down list. Set the Loop parameter to Once or Loop. Then, click OK. Note If you set the Adding Method parameter to VOD, the video list displays the videos in the media library of ApsaraVideo VOD. You can add only on-demand videos that are uploaded and preprocessed. For more information about the preprocessing rules and billing methods, see ApsaraVideo VOD Pricing.Before you add a video in the media library of ApsaraVideo VOD to production studios, perform the following steps:
- Upload a media file to the media library in the ApsaraVideo VOD console. For more information, see Upload media assets.
- Preprocess the video by performing the following steps: Log on to the ApsaraVideo VOD console. In the left-side navigation pane, click Audio/Video. On the Video and Audio page, find the video that you want to add as a video source
and choose in the Actions column. After the preprocessing is complete, you can add the video to a production studio
as a video source.
Note If you enable the Review Before Publish rule in ApsaraVideo VOD, make sure that the preprocessed video that you want to add to a production studio is in the Normal state. Otherwise, this video is unavailable in the production studio.
- After a video source is added, preview the video source in the video source area.
Note The production studio page in the ApsaraVideo Live console uses the HTTPS protocol. If the domain name used to access the resources from the media library of ApsaraVideo VOD does not support the HTTPS protocol, the resources cannot be previewed on the production page. The resources include videos, images, and text components. To resolve the preceding issue, enable the HTTPS acceleration feature. For more information, see Enable HTTPS secure acceleration. If the browser or player does not support only HTTPS, you do not need to consider the preceding limit.