To perform automatic backup, you must purchase a backup schedule for the database instance to be backed up, and then configure the backup schedule.
- Log on to the DBS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Backup Schedules. On the Backup Schedules page, select a region in the upper-left corner.
- On the Backup Schedules page, click Create Schedule in the upper-right corner to go to the DBS buy page.
- Set the parameters as described in the following table and click Buy Now.
Parameter Description Product Type The billing method of the backup schedule that you want to purchase. Default value: Backup Instance (Subscription). DBS Region The region in which to create the backup schedule.Note For example, if you want to back up a database from the China (Beijing) region to a DBS backup schedule in the China (Shanghai) region, you must select the China (Shanghai) region. Database Type The engine of the database to be backed up.Note DBS provides a variety of backup methods for different database engines. See Database engines and features before you purchase a backup schedule. Specification The specifications of the backup schedule.Note The higher the specifications, the higher the performance of backup and restoration. For more information, see Specifications. Backup Method The method that is used to back up data. Valid values: Physical Backup and Logical Backup.Note For more information about Backup Method, see How to select a backup method. Storage Size The storage size of the backup schedule that you want to purchase. You do not need to specify the storage size when you purchase a backup schedule. You are charged for the amount of storage space that you actually use. For more information, see Billing methods and billing items. You can also purchase storage plans. Larger discounts are provided for storage plans of higher storage capacities. For more information, see Use storage plans. Quantity The number of DBS backup schedules that you want to purchase. Duration The subscription duration.
- On the Confirm Order page, confirm your order information, read and select I have read and agree to Database Backup Agreement of Service in the Terms of Service section, and then click Pay.
- After you pay for the order, log on to the DBS console. In the left-side navigation pane, click Backup Schedules to view the new backup schedule.