This tutorial guides you how to use CEN to connect the networks in different regions of the same account.
You have created VPCs or VBRs.
The VPCs and VBRs are not connected using Express Connect.
Step 1 Create a CEN instance
- Log on to the CEN console.
- On the Instances page, click Create CEN instance.
- Configure the CEN instance.
- Name: The name of the CEN instance. The name can contain 2-128 English letters, numbers, hyphens, or underlines, and must start with English letters. In this tutorial, enter Same.AccountDifferentRegion.
Attach a network:
- Account: Select Same Account.
- Network Type: Select the network to connect. You can attach a VPC or a VBR. In this tutorial, select VPC.
- Region: Select the region of the network. In this tutorial, select China North 1.
- Networks: Select the instance to attach.
Step 2 Attach networks
- On the Instances page, click the Manage option in the Column action of the created CEN instance.
- In the Networks tab, click Attach Network and configure the network as follows:
- Account: Select Your Account.
- Region: Select the region of the network. In this tutorial, select China North 2.
- Networks: Select the instance to attach. In this tutorial, select a VPC instance.
Step 3 Account A buys a bandwidth package
- On the Instances page, click the ID of the CEN instance, and then click the Bandwidth Packages tab.
- Click Buy Bandwidth Package (Subscription).
- Configure the bandwidth package as follows:
- Cloud Enterprise Network: select the cloud Enterprise Network instance for which you want to purchase bandwidth packets.
- CEN: Select the CEN instance that requires a bandwidth package.
Areas: Select the areas to connect. An area consists of one or more Alibaba Cloud regions. The networks to connect in this tutorial are located in China North 1 and China North 2. Therefore, the interconnection areas are Mainland China and Mainland China.
- Bandwidth: Select the bandwidth of the bandwidth package. In this tutorial, select 8 Mbps.
- Bandwidth Package Name: Enter the name of the bandwidth package. In this tutorial, enter MainlandBandwidthPackage.
- Purchase Period: Select the purchase period. In this tutorial, select 1 month.
Step 4 Set the cross-region bandwidth
- On the Instances page, click the ID of the CEN instance, and then click the Region Connections tab.
- Click Create Region Connection.
- Configure the cross-region bandwidth:
- Bandwidth Packages: Select the interconnected areas of the bandwidth package. In this tutorial, select Mainland China to Mainland China.
- Connected Regions: Select the regions to connect. The selected regions must belong to the selected interconnected areas. In this tutorial, select China North 1 and China North 2.
- Bandwidth: Set the cross-region bandwidth. In this tutorial, set the bandwidth to 5 Mbps.
Step 5 Test the connectivity
Log on to any ECS instance in an attached network and ping the private IP of another ECS instance in another attached network to test the connectivity.