In standard mode, you can perform the following operations in the display area of a dashboard:
- Change the position of a chart.
- View the data of a chart.
- Delete a chart.
- Change the type of a chart.
- Add the dashboard to favorites.
- Configure global variables.
- In Quick BI Basic, you cannot configure global variables.
- In Quick BI Pro and Quick BI Enterprise Standard, you can configure global variables only in group workspaces.
If it is the first time that you use a Quick BI dashboard, a wizard appears in the display area to guide you through the dashboard features. You can follow the instructions in the wizard to create a dashboard.
- Move To: Move the chart to a tab container.
- View Data: View the data of the chart.
- Export: Export the data of the chart to an XLS or XLSX file.
- View SQL Statements: View the SQL statements of the chart.
- Copy: Copy the chart.
- Full Screen: Display the chart in full screen. In full-screen mode, you can click Exit Full Screen to exit.
- Delete: Delete the chart.
Change the type of a chart
You can change the type of a chart in the display area of a dashboard.
The following example describes how to change a pie chart to a radar chart.
- Select the target pie chart in the display area of the dashboard.
In the upper-right corner of the page, click Change Chart Type.
Click the Radar Chart icon.
- The pie chart changes to a radar chart.
If the fields of the current chart do not match those of the target chart, the change fails. You must manually adjust fields before you change the chart type.
The system provides instructions to help you adjust fields based on the current and target chart types. Follow the instructions to add appropriate dimensions or measures to the corresponding areas.
Add a dashboard to favorites
Click the icon at the top of the display area of the target dashboard.
Configure page settings
Click the icon. On the Page Settings tab, specify whether to show the watermark and whether the dashboard can be downloaded.
Make a dashboard public
- Click the icon. The Make Public pane appears.
- Specify Expiration Date.
- Select Generate URL as required.
- Click Make Public.