This topic describes how to create a default VPC and a default VSwitch when you create an instance. A default VPC and a default VSwitch are created automatically by the system after the instance is created. This topic uses an ECS instance as an example.
|Default VPC||Default VSwitch|
|The default VPC is unique in each region.||The default VSwitch is unique in each zone.|
|The mask for the default VPC is /16 (for example, 172.31.0.0/16), which provides up to 65,536 private IP addresses.||The mask for the default VSwitch is /20 (for example, 172.16.0.0/20), which provides up to 4,096 private IP addresses.|
|The default VPC is not included in the VPC quota.||The default VSwitch is not included in the VSwitch quota.|
|The default VPC is created by the system. All VPCs that you create are non-default VPCs.||The default VSwitch is created by the system. All VSwitches that you create are non-default VSwitches.|
|The operations and specifications for the default VPC and non-default VPCs are the same.||The operations and specifications for the default VSwitch and non-default VSwitches are the same.|
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Instances page, click Create Instance.
- Select Custom Launch.
- On the Basic Configurations page, set the basic parameters, and then click Next: Networking.
- On the Networking page, select the Default VPC and the Default VSwitch, and then click Next: System Configurations.
- Set the logon credential and instance name, and then click Next: Grouping.
After the ECS instance is created, a default VPC and a default VSwitch is also created in the region.