If no VPC or VSwitch is available when you create an instance, you can use a default VPC or VSwitch. A default VPC and VSwitch can be created alongside a new instance. This topic describes how to create a default VPC or VSwitch when you create an instance by using an ECS instance as an example..
|Default VPC||Default VSwitch|
|The default VPC is unique in each region.||The default VSwitch is unique in each zone.|
|The mask for the default VPC is /16 (for example, 172.31.0.0/16), which provides up to 65,536 private IP addresses.||The mask for the default VSwitch is /20 (for example, 172.31.0.0/20), which provides up to 4,096 private IP addresses.|
|The default VPC is not included in the VPC quota.||The default VSwitch is not included in the VSwitch quota.|
|The default VPC is created by the system, and all VPCs created by you are non-default VPCs.||The default VSwitch is created by the system, and all VSwitches created by you are non-default VSwitches.|
|The operations and specifications for the default VPC and non-default VPCs are the same.||The operations and specifications for the default VSwitch and non-default VSwitches are the same.|
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances and then click Create Instance.
- Select Advanced Purchase.
- On the Basic Configurations page, configure the ECS instance and click Next: Networking.
- On the Networking page, select the default VPC and default VSwitch. Then click Next: System Configurations.
- Configure the logon credential and instance name, and click Create Order.
After the instance is created, a default VPC and a default VSwitch will be created in the region.