If there is no available VPC and VSwitch to use when creating a cloud resource with the VPC network, you can choose to use the default VPC and VSwitch. A default VPC and VSwitch are created along with the creation of the instance. This document takes ECS as an example to introduce how to create a default VPC and VSwitch.
|Default VPC||Default VSwitch|
|The default VPC in each region is unique.||The default VSwitch in each zone is unique.|
|The netmask for a default VPC is /16, such as 172.31.0.0/16, providing up to 65536 private IP addresses.||The netmask for a default VSwitch is /20, such as 172.31.0.0/20, providing up to 4096 private IP addresses.|
|The default VPC does not take up the VPC quota.||The default VSwitch does not take up the VSwitch quota.|
|The default VPC is created by the system, and all VPCs created by you are non-default VPCs.||The default VSwitch is created by the system, and all VSwitches created by you are non-default VSwitches.|
|The operations and specifications for the default VPC and non-default VPCs are the same.||The operations and specifications for the default VSwitch and non-default VSwitches are the same.|
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances and then click Create Instance.
- Select Advanced Purchase.
- On the Basic Configurations page, configure ECS instance and click Next: Networking.
- On the Networking page, select default VPC and the default VSwitch. Click Next: System Configurations.
- Configure the login credential and instance name, and click Create Order.
After the instance is created, a default VPC and a default VSwitch will be created in the region.