This topic describes how to associate an elastic IP address (EIP) with an EIP bandwidth plan. After you create an EIP bandwidth plan, you can associate one or more EIPs with the EIP bandwidth plan. This allows you to reuse the bandwidth in the EIP bandwidth plan.
- Make sure that you have applied for an EIP and the following requirements are met:
- The EIP is billed on a pay-as-you-go basis.
- The EIP and the EIP bandwidth plan are purchased in the same region.
- The line type of the EIP and that of the EIP bandwidth plan are the same.
For more information, see Apply for new EIPs.
- An EIP bandwidth plan is purchased. For more information, see Create an EIP bandwidth plan.
EIP bandwidth plans support the pay-by-data-transfer billing method. For more information, see Billing method.
- Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances, Server Load Balancer (SLB) instances, and NAT gateways that are associated with the EIP share the bandwidth of the EIP bandwidth plan.
- The maximum bandwidth of the EIP that of the EIP bandwidth plan.
- The previous EIP billing method becomes invalid. The EIP functions as a public IP address. No data transfer is charged for the EIP.
- An EIP is billed independently, regardless of whether it is associated with an EIP
- You are not charged an EIP fee if the EIP is assigned to an ECS instance in a Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) network.
- You are charged an EIP fee if the EIP is assigned to a NAT gateway, SLB instance, secondary elastic network interface (ENI), or high-availability virtual IP address (HAVIP).
- Note that if you associate an EIP that is assigned to a NAT gateway with an EIP bandwidth plan, transient connection errors may occur. Proceed with caution.
- You can associate up to 100 EIPs with each EIP bandwidth plan. To associate more EIPs, you can apply for a quota increase. For more information, see Manage quotas.
- Log on to the EIP console.
- In the upper-left corner, select the region where your EIP is created.
- On the Elastic IP Addresses page, find the EIP that you want to manage, and choose in the Actions column.
- In the dialog box that appears, select an EIP bandwidth plan, and click OK.