You can disassociate an Elastic IP Address (EIP) from a cloud instance when Internet access is no longer required by the cloud instance. After an EIP is disassociated from a cloud instance, you still need to pay the EIP retention fee.
- Log on to the VPC console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose Elastic IP Addresses.
- Select the region of the target EIP.
- On the Elastic IP Addresses page, find the target EIP and click Unbind in the Actions column.
If your EIP is associated with a NAT Gateway for which DNAT or SNAT entries have been created, choose Actions column.in the
- In the displayed dialog box, click OK.