You can unbind and release an Elastic IP Address (EIP) when Internet access is no longer required. After an EIP address is unbound, you still need to pay the retention fee. To avoid unnecessary cost, release the EIP after unbinding it.
- Log on to the VPC console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Elastic IP Addresses.
- Select a region and find the target EIP.
- Click Unbind, and then click OK in the displayed dialog.
- After unbinding the EIP, click OK in the displayed dialog box to release the EIP. , and then click