This topic describes how to associate an Elastic IP Address (EIP) with a NAT Gateway. A NAT Gateway is essentially an Internet gateway which requires public IP addresses to function. After creating a NAT Gateway, you can associate one or more Elastic IP Addresses (EIPs) with the NAT Gateway.
- No NAT bandwidth package was purchased before 23:59 January 26, 2018.
If you have created a NAT bandwidth package for a NAT Gateway before 23:59 January 26, 2018, you still need to use the bandwidth package to associate public IP addresses with the NAT Gateway. To associate an EIP with a NAT Gateway, follow the steps in Why am I unable to associate an EIP with a NAT Gateway in the NAT Gateway console.
- A NAT Gateway and an EIP are created. For more information, see Create a NAT Gateway and Create an EIP.
- Log on to the VPC console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click NAT Gateways.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region of the NAT Gateway.
- On the NAT Gateways page, find the target NAT Gateway and choose in the Actions column.
- On the Bind Elastic IP Address page, complete the following configurations, and then click OK.
Category Configuration Description Select from EIP list Usable EIP list Select an EIP that is used to access the Internet. VSwitch Select the VSwitch to which you want to add SNAT entries.
The system automatically adds SNAT entries so that Alibaba Cloud services connected to this VSwitch can access the Internet. Alternatively, you can skip this step and add SNAT entries after you associate an EIP with the NAT Gateway. For more information, see Create a SNAT entry.Note This option is only available for the NAT Gateways that are not associated with an EIP.
Allocate one EIP and bind it to NAT Gateway Buy EIP Displays the number of EIPs to be purchased. The default value is 1 and cannot be modified.
The system automatically creates an EIP billed by traffic and associates it with the NAT Gateway.