This topic describes how to create a NAT Gateway. After you create a NAT Gateway, you can configure SNAT and DNAT entries.
A VPC and a VSwitch are created. For more information, see Create a VPC and a VSwitch.
- Log on to the VPC console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click NAT Gateways.
- On the NAT Gateways page, click Create NAT Gateway.
- On the displayed purchase page, configure the NAT Gateway and complete the payment.
The following table describes the parameters.
Configuration Description Region Select the region where the target VPC (to which the NAT Gateway belongs) is located. VPC ID Select the VPC for which you want to create a NAT Gateway. After the NAT Gateway is created, you cannot change the VPC.Note If you cannot find the target VPC in the VPC list, troubleshoot as follows:
- Check whether a NAT Gateway is already configured for the VPC. A VPC can be configured with only one NAT Gateway.
- Check whether there is a custom route entry whose destination CIDR block is 0.0.0.0/0 in the VPC. If so, delete this custom route entry.
Specification Select a specification for the NAT Gateway. Different specifications correspond to different Max Connections and Connections Per Second (CPS) of the SNAT function. However, the data throughput is not affected.Note The specification does not limit the number of connections and throughput of the DNAT function. For more information, see Specifications of NAT Gateway. Billing cycle Select a billing cycle for the NAT Gateway.