This topic describes Logtail plug-ins and their configuration methods. The plug-ins are used for data collection.
- You can configure Logtail plug-ins to collect HTTP data and upload processed data to Log Service. In this way, you can monitor the availability of your services in real time.
- You can configure Logtail plug-ins to collect data of MySQL databases that are queried by using the Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) API. You can use the auto-increment ID field or a time field to synchronize incremental data.
- You can configure Logtail plug-ins to collect binary logs of MySQL databases, and search and analyze binary logs in real time.
- Configure a collection method.
For more information about how to configure collection methods for various data sources, see the following topics:
- Configure a data processing method.
You can configure multiple processing methods for a data source. Logtail processes data by using these methods in sequence. You can configure all available processing methods for each type of data source. For more information, see Process data.
- Apply the configurations to the specified machine group.
Apply the log collection configurations and processing configurations to the specified machine group. Then, Logtail automatically pulls the configurations and starts to collect logs.