You can check the key generation methods based on your business requirement. The keys include RSA key, ECC key, and SM2 key.
You have downloaded and installed OpenSSL tool (V1.1.1 or later version) from OpenSSL official website.
- Open the OpenSSL tool, and run the following command line to generate a RSA private key. You can select to generate a 1024-bit or 2048-bit private key:
openssl genpkey -algorithm RSA -out private_key.pem -pkeyopt rsa_keygen_bits:2048
- Generate RSA public key based on the RSA private key:
openssl rsa -pubout -in private_key.pem -out public_key.pem
- Open the OpenSSL tool, and run the following command line to generate an ECC key pair. You must select secp256k1 curve.
openssl ecparam -name secp256k1 -genkey -noout -out secp256k1-key.pem
- Generate ECC public key based on
openssl ec -in secp256k1-key.pem -pubout -out ecpubkey.pem
- Open OpenSSL, and run the following command lin to generate SM2 private key
openssl ecparam -name SM2 -genkey -noout -out sm2-key.pem
- Generate the SM2 public key
sm2pubkey.pembased on the private key
openssl ec -in sm2-key.pem -pubout -out sm2pubkey.pem