Presto is a distributed SQL-on-Hadoop analytics engine powered by Facebook. Presto is currently maintained by the open source community and Facebook engineers, and has derived multiple commercial versions.
- fully supports ANSI SQL
supports rich data sources. Presto can access rich data sources as follows:
- interaction with Hive data warehouse
- SQL Server
- Local files
supports advanced data structures.
- array and Map data
- JSON data
- GIS data
- color data
Strong expandability. Presto provides multiple expansion configurations.
- Data connector expansion
- Custom data types
- Custom SQL functions
Users can expand the corresponding modules according to their own service features to achieve efficient service processes.
Based on the Pipeline process model, data is returned to users in real time during the process.
Improved monitoring interfaces.
- Friendly WebUI is provided to present the execution processes of the query tasks visually.
- Supports JMX protocol.
- Ad-Hoc query
- Massive structured and semi-structured data analysis
- Massive multi-dimensional data aggregation/reports
In particular, Presto is a data warehouse product, which is not designed to replace traditional RDBMS databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL. It has limited support for transactions and is not suitable for online service scenarios.
- You can purchase it for immediate use to build a Presto cluster with hundreds of nodes in minutes.
- It supports elastic resizing, you can complete up and down resizing of the cluster with simple operations.
- It works perfect in connection with the EMR software stacks, and supports processing of data stored in OSS.
- O&M free 24x7 all-in-one service.