Presto is an open-source distributed SQL-on-Hadoop query engine powered by Facebook. It is currently maintained by the open source community and Facebook engineers, and has derived multiple commercial versions.
- Fully supports ANSI SQL.
Supports rich data sources, accessing them as follows:
- Interaction with Hive
- SQL Server
- Local files
Supports advanced data structures.
- Array and map data
- JSON data
- GIS data
- Color data
Presto provides the following expansion configurations:
- Data connector expansion
- Custom data types
- Custom SQL functions
To achieve efficient service processes, you can expand the corresponding modules according to your own service features.
Based on the Pipeline process model, data is returned to you in real time.
Improved monitoring interfaces.
- Friendly WebUI is provided to present the execution processes of the query tasks visually.
- Supports the JMX protocol.
- Ad-hoc queries
- Massive structured and semi-structured data analysis
- Massive multi-dimensional data aggregation/reports
In particular, Presto is a data warehouse product, which is not designed to replace traditional RDBMS databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL. It has limited support for transactions and is not suitable for online service scenarios.
- You can purchase it for immediate use to build a Presto cluster with hundreds of nodes in minutes.
- It supports elastic scalability, meaning that you can scale the cluster up and down with simple operations.
- It works perfectly in connection with the E-MapReduce software stacks, and supports the processing of data stored in OSS.
- O&M is free 24/7, providing an all-in-one service.