You can copy an existing database to produce an identical one. This document describes how to copy a database from the RDS console. This applies only to SQL Server 2008 R2 instances. For instances of SQL Server 2012 and later versions, you can only copy a database using SQL statements. For more information, see Copy a database to SQL Server 2012 or later.
- Only one database can be copied at a time.
- The new database must be named differently from all the existing databases.
- Log on to the RDS console.
- Select the region where the target instance is located.
- Click the ID of the instance to visit the Basic Information page.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Databases to go to the Database page.
- Click Copy Database.
- Set the parameters.
Parameter name Description Specify the new database name The new database name consists of up to 64 characters including lowercase letters, digits, underscores (_), and hyphens (-). It must start with a letter and end with a letter or digit. Select the database to copy Select the database that you want to copy from the list of existing databases. Whether to retain the accounts of the source database When copying a database, you can choose whether to transfer accounts and permissions from the source database to the new database. The default option is Retain, which means transferring the accounts and permissions. Remarks You can add information about the new database to facilitate subsequent database management. A maximum of 256 characters can be entered.
- Click OK.