An AccessKey pair is similar to the username and password. An AccessKey pair is used to call an operation of a cloud service, whereas the username and password are used to log on to the console. If you do not need to call an operation, an AccessKey pair is not required.
Create an AccessKey for a RAM user account
- Log on to the RAM console using your Alibaba Cloud account.
- If you have not created a RAM user, in the left-side navigation pane, select Users and click Create User. Skip this step if you have created a RAM user.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Users. On the displayed page, click the target user name to access the user details page.
- In the User Access Key area, click Create Access Key.
- After completing the phone verification, on the Create User Access Key page, expand Access Key Details to view the AcessKeyId and AccessKeySecret. Click Save Access Key Information.
Notice After the AccessKey is created, it cannot be viewed in the console. You must save your AccessKey properly and keep it confidential.
- Click Authorize on the right of the RAM user to grant permissions. For example, you can grant the AliyunOSSFullAccess permission to the RAM user for OSS management.