You can modify attributes of a secondary ENI, but not the primary ENI, of an instance. You can modify the following attributes of an ENI:
- The name of the ENI.
- The security group associated with the ENI. One ENI must be associated with at least one security group. However, it cannot be associated with more than five security groups.
- Description of the ENI.
You can modify attributes of an ENI when it is in the Available or the InUse status. This document describes how to modify attributes of an ENI in the ECS console.
Before you modify attributes of an ENI, create an ENI.
To modify attributes of an ENI, follow these steps:
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select .
- Select a region.
- Find an ENI, and in the Actions column, click Modify.
- In the Modify dialog box, modify the following optional configurations:
- Network Interface Name: Specify a new name for the selected ENI.
- SecurityGroup: Select more security groups for the ENI, or remove security groups. Retain at least one security group.
- Description: Give a brief description for the ENI.
After you finish the modification, click OK.