You can detach a secondary ENI, but not the primary ENI, from an instance.
To detach a secondary ENI from an instance, you have the following limits:
- The secondary ENI must be in the Bound status.
- The instance must be in the Stopped or Running status.
Your ENI is attached to an instance. Before you detach an ENI from an instance, the instance must be in the Stopped or Running status.
To detach a secondary ENI from an instance, follow these steps:
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select .
- Select a region.
- Find an ENI in the Bound status, and in the Actions column, click Unbind.
- In the Unbind dialog box, confirm the information, and then click OK.
In the Network Interfaces page, refresh the table. When the selected ENI is in the Available status, it is successfully detached from the instance.
What to do next
After an ENI is detached from an instance, you can: