You can only detach a secondary ENI from an instance. You cannot detach the primary ENI.
Before you detach a secondary ENI from an instance, note the following limits:
- The secondary ENI must be in the Bound status.
- The instance to which the ENI belongs must be in the Stopped or Running status.
The secondary ENI is attached to an instance. Before you detach a secondary ENI from an instance, the instance must be in the Stopped or Running status.
To detach a secondary ENI from an instance, follow these steps:
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select .
- Select the target region.
- Find the target ENI, and in the Actions column, click Unbind.
- In the Unbind dialog box, confirm the information, and then click OK.
After, in the Network Interfaces page, refresh the table. When the selected ENI is in the Available status, it is successfully detached from the instance.
What to do next
After an ENI is detached from an instance, you can: