You can only delete a secondary ENI. You cannot delete the primary ENI of an instance.
After a secondary ENI is deleted:
- The primary private IP address of the secondary ENI is released automatically.
- The deleted secondary ENI is automatically removed from all associated security groups.
If you release an instance, any attached ENIs will be deleted along with its release. You can choose to detach the ENI first and then release the corresponding instance separately.
You can only delete an ENI in the Available status.
To delete an ENI, follow these steps:
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select .
- Select the target region.
- Find the target ENI, and in the Actions column, click Delete.
- Click OK.
In the Network Interfaces page, refresh the table. If the ENI is no longer displayed, it is deleted successfully.