If you do not require an ENI, you can delete it. But you can only delete a secondary ENI, but not the primary ENI of an instance.
After an ENI is deleted,
- the primary private IP address of the ENI is released automatically,
- and the ENI is automatically removed from all associated security groups.
An ENI will be deleted along with an instance if you did not detach it from the instance before you release the instance.
You can only delete an ENI in the Available status.
To delete an ENI, follow these steps:
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select .
- Select a region.
- Find an available ENI, and in the Actions column, click Delete.
- In the dialog box, click OK.
In the Network Interfaces page, refresh the table. If the ENI disappears, it is deleted successfully.