This topic describes how to create a workbook. You can create workbooks only in group workspaces of Quick BI Pro and Quick BI Enterprise Standard.
A dataset is created. For more information, see Create a dataset.
- Perform the operations in the following figure to create a workbook.
- On the page that appears, click the icon.
- From the dataset drop-down list, select the dataset for which you want to create a workbook.
Fields in the dataset are synchronized to the Dimensions and Measures sections.
- In the Dimensions and Measures lists, double-click or drag and drop the fields to Rows and Columns to create the workbook. Note To configure the filter feature, drag and drop the fields to the Filters section and click the icon on the right to filter the field values based on your requirements. For more information, see Filters.
- Click Update.
The fields are displayed in the workbook display section.Note If you want to exchange rows and columns, you can click the icon, and then click Update.
- Click Save.
Note If you save the workbook for the first time, the Save Workbook dialog box appears.
Parameter Description Name The name of the workbook. Save To The location to which the workbook is saved.
- Click OK.
Configure the style
- In the workbook editing panel, click the Style tab.
- In the Display Settings section, specify whether to merge cells of the same type.
Merge Same Cells: If you select this option, the cells that have the same content in the workbook are merged.
Configure advanced settings
- In the workbook editing panel, click the Advanced tab.
- In the Advanced Settings section, configure cross-block dimension alignment.
You can use this feature to align the same dimensions in different datasets. For example, you need to associate the province fields in the blocks marked with ① and ② in the following figure to view more order information about a province.
- Click the icon next to Cross-Block Align.
- In the Cross-Block Dimension Align dialog box, click the icon.
- Configure Current Block Dimension, Associated Block, and Associated Block Dimension.
Select province for Current Block Dimension, E for Associated Block, and province for Associated Block Dimension.
- Click OK. Hide redundant columns D and E. The following figure shows the result of cross-block dimension alignment.
How do I synchronize data to the current workbook after a dataset field is updated?
Reload the workbook.