Container Registry Default Instance Edition provides basic container image features. It allows you to manage application images with security, scan your images to precisely detect security vulnerabilities, stably build images in and outside China, and conveniently authorize access to your images. These features allow you to manage images throughout the entire lifecycle.
Container Registry simplifies the building and maintenance of an image registry and supports image management in multiple regions. Container Registry that is combined with other Alibaba Cloud services such as Container Service provides an optimized solution for using Docker in the cloud.
Multiple-architecture container images
Container Registry Default Instance Edition supports multiple-architecture container images, including Linux, Windows, and ARM.
Flexible region selection
- You can create and delete image repositories in different regions based on business needs.
- Each image repository has three endpoints, which can be accessed over the Internet, internal network, and a virtual private cloud (VPC), respectively.
Image security scans
- Container Registry allows you to conveniently scan your images and displays detailed information about image layers.
- After an image is scanned, Container Registry provides a vulnerability report for the image. The report includes vulnerability information in multiple dimensions, such as the vulnerability number, the vulnerability severity, and the version in which the vulnerability is fixed.
Stable image building
- You can build images from source code that is hosted on Alibaba Cloud Code, GitHub, Bitbucket, and user-defined GitLab.
- Container Registry can automatically build new Docker images when source code changes.
- Container Registry can build Docker images from source code hosted on websites outside China.
Seamless integration with other Alibaba Cloud services
- Integrated with Alibaba Cloud Code and CodePipeline, Container Registry can automatically build images after your application source code is complied and tested.
- Integrated with Alibaba Cloud Container Service, Container Registry allows you to conveniently deploy new images to clusters in Container Service.