Container Registry Default Instance Edition provides a secure service for managing application images. It allows you to scan your images to precisely detect security vulnerabilities, build images directly from source code hosted on mainstream code repository websites, conveniently authorize access to your images, and manage images throughout the entire lifecycle. Container Registry simplifies the building and maintenance of an image registry and supports image management in multiple regions. Combined with other Alibaba Cloud services such as Container Service, Container Registry provides an optimized solution for using Docker in the cloud.
Flexible region selection
- You can create and delete image repositories in different regions based on business needs.
- Each image repository has three endpoints, which can be accessed over the public network, internal network, and a Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), respectively.
Image security scan
- Container Registry allows you to scan your images with one click and displays detailed information about image layers.
- After an image is scanned, Container Registry provides a vulnerability report for the image. The report includes vulnerability information in multiple dimensions, such as the vulnerability number, the vulnerability severity, and the version in which the vulnerability is fixed.
Stable image building
- You can build images from source code hosted on Alibaba Cloud Code, GitHub, Bitbucket, and self-built GitLab.
- Container Registry can automatically build new Docker images when source code changes.
- For source code hosted on websites outside China, Container Registry can use servers outside China to build Docker images and push the images to your repository in the specified region.
Seamless integration with other Alibaba Cloud services
- Integrated with Alibaba Cloud Code and CodePipeline, Container Registry can automatically build images after your application source code is complied and tested.
- Integrated with Alibaba Cloud Container Service, Container Registry allows you to conveniently deploy new images to clusters in Container Service.