This topic describes how to troubleshoot common faults on the Docker client.
Failure to run the docker login command
If you fail to log on to a registry by running the docker login command, follow these steps to troubleshoot the fault:
- Make sure that the password you use is the independent one for logon to the registry, instead of the logon password for your Alibaba Cloud account. You can set and change the password for logon to the registry in the Container Registry console.
- Check whether you use the sudo docker login command. If yes, the first password you
enter must be the Linux user password. If you enter the password for logon to the
registry here, the logon fails.
If you enter a wrong Linux user password as the first password, the Docker client prompts you to try again and allows you to make up to three attempts. However, the Docker client exits immediately after you enter the password for logon to the registry as the first password. In this case, the following error is returned:
Error response from daemon: Get https://registry.cn-hangzhou.aliyuncs.com/v2/: unauthorized: authentication required
Failure to run the docker pull command
The following error is returned after you run the docker pull command:
Error: image xxx not found.
The preceding error indicates that you fail to pull an image. To troubleshoot the fault, follow these steps:
- If you attempt to pull an image from a public repository, check whether the image
URL is correct.
Log on to the Container Registry console and search the public repository for the image tag you want to pull. Make sure that the image tag exists.
- If you attempt to pull an image from a private repository, check whether your account
has logged on to the registry from which you want to pull the image.
Note In rare cases, the following error is returned, indicating that the pulled block files fail the verification. If this error occurs, try again.
- Run the following command to display the domain names of all the registries your account
has logged on to:
- Check whether the domain name of the registry from which you want to pull the image
exists in the command output.
If no, log on to the registry.
If yes, check whether your logon account has the permission to pull the image. A Resource Access Management (RAM) user does not have any permission by default. To operate as a RAM user, you must use your Alibaba Cloud account to authorize the RAM user first.
Error: filesystem layer verification failed for digest
- Run the following command to display the domain names of all the registries your account has logged on to:
Failure to run the docker push command
The following error is returned after you run the docker push command:
denied: requested access to the resource is denied.
The preceding error indicates that you fail to push an image. The troubleshooting procedure is similar to that for troubleshooting a failure to run the docker pull command. The only difference is that higher permissions are required for the logon account.