Data Management (DMS) provides the Database Export feature. You can use this feature to export an entire database or specific tables in the database for data analysis.
- MySQL series: self-managed MySQL, ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL, PolarDB for MySQL, PolarDB-X, AnalyticDB for MySQL, and ApsaraDB OceanBase for MySQL
- SQL Server series: self-managed SQL Server and ApsaraDB RDS for SQL Server
- PostgreSQL series: self-managed PostgreSQL, ApsaraDB RDS for PostgreSQL, PolarDB for PostgreSQL, and AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL
- Oracle series: PolarDB O Edition
- Log on to the DMS console.
- In the top navigation bar, move the pointer over the More icon and choose . Note To create a data export ticket, you can also go to the SQLConsole tab, right-click a table name, select Export, and then select the object to be exported.
- On the Data Export Ticket Application tab, set the parameters as required. The following
table describes the parameters.
Parameter Description Database Name The database that you want to export.Note You must have the export permission on this database. For more information, see View owned permissions. Exported table Specifies whether to export specific tables or all tables in the database. Valid values: Partial Tables and All Tables.
If you set this parameter to Partial Tables, you must select one or more tables in the Tables & Filters section and configure the filter condition for each table.
Reason Category The reason for this data export. This helps you find the ticket in subsequent operations. Business Background The purpose or objective of this data export. This reduces unnecessary communication. Stakeholder The one or more stakeholders of this data export. All specified stakeholders can view the ticket details and assist in the approval process. Irrelevant users other than DMS administrators and database administrators (DBAs) are not allowed to view the ticket details. Export content The content to be exported. Valid values: Data, Structure, and Data & Structure. Set this parameter based on your business requirements. Exported Structure Type The one or more types of objects that you want to export. Set this parameter based on your business requirements. Valid values:
More Options The other objects that you want to export. Those objects are grouped into two export categories named Big data type export options and SQL script other options. You can click one of the categories and select a specific object as required. Attachments You can upload images or files to add more information about this data export.
- After you complete the configurations, click Submit and wait for approval. Note On the Data Export Ticket Details tab, you can view the approval progress in the Approval step.
- After the ticket is approved, click Download Exported File in the Execute/Automatic Execution step.
- After you submit a data export ticket for approval, you can close the ticket regardless of whether the ticket is approved or rejected. This reduces data exposure.
- Approval rules are configured by DMS administrators and DBAs. If you are a DMS administrator or DBA, choose System > Security > Security Rules in the top navigation bar of the DMS console to configure approval rules for data export tickets. We recommend that you submit tickets for data export in the test environment. This way, affected rows can be checked and a backup file can be created for each data export. This also allows you to restore data when the data export does not work out as expected. To ensure high R&D efficiency, you can specify that no approval is required for data export tickets in the test environment.