In actual use, the CPU or memory of cluster nodes, especially master nodes, may be insufficient. Currently, E-MapReduce does not support direct upgrades. We recommend that you upgrade nodes in the following way.
- In the Cluster Management panel, select a cluster, and click View Details.
- In the right corner, click Configuration Upgrade.
- Configure the nodes to be upgraded.
- Click OK.
- Pay for your order.
Return to the Cluster Management page, refresh the page to make sure that the node configuration has become the target specification, for example, CPU is 4 core and memory is 16G.
- Log on to the ECS console, find the upgraded instances and restart them one by one.
- Modify cluster configurations so that Yarn can use new resources.
- Modify the yarn-site.xml file.
- Change the value of yarn.nodemanager.resource.memory-mb to machine memory * 0.8 , the unit is MB. Change the value of yarn.scheduler.maximum-allocation-mb to machine memory * 0.8, the unit is MB. For example, in my new configuration, the memory is 32 GB:
If your cluster does not support page modification, you must log on to the node, and modify the corresponding configuration values in the /etc/emr/hadoop-conf/yarn-site.xml file for each node.
- Restart the Yarn service. Generally, you only must restart the worker node. However, after the restart, the Node Manger port is changed. Therefore, we recommend that you restart the Resource Manager.
- Open a ticket to the E-MapReduce team for providing information about the new node configuration. The E-MapReduce team will synchronize the configuration.