You can switch the read/write splitting address type based on business scenarios. When you enable the read/write splitting function, the read/write splitting intranet address is generated by default. This article introduces how to switch between the intranet and Internet addresses of read/write splitting.
The read/write splitting function is enabled. For more information, see Enable read/write splitting.
When switching the address type, the master instance is subject to a transient disconnection of up to 30 seconds. To avoid the influence of transient disconnection, we recommend that you switch the network type during off-peak hours and make sure that automatic reconnection is available for your application.
- Log on to the RDS console.
- Select the region where the target instance is located.
- Click the target instance ID to enter the Basic Information page.
- Select Connection Options in the left-side navigation pane to enter the Connection Options page.
- Select Read/Write Splitting tab.
- Click Switch to Internet Address.
Note Note: If you are switching from the Internet address to intranet address, click Switch to Intranet Address.
- On the dialog box, click Confirm.