You can change the read/write splitting address type based on business scenarios. When you enable the read/write splitting function, the read/write splitting intranet IP address is generated by default. This document introduces how to switch between the intranet and Internet IP addresses for read/write splitting.
The read/write splitting function is enabled. For more information, see Enable read/write splitting.
When you change the address type, the master instance experiences a transient disconnection for up to 30 seconds. To avoid impact of the transient disconnection, we recommend that you change the network type during off-peak hours and make sure that automatic reconnection is available for your applications.
- Log on to the RDS console.
- Select the region where the target instance is located.
- Click the target instance ID to enter the Basic Information page.
- Click Connection Options in the left-side navigation pane to enter the Connection Options page.
- Click the Read/Write Splitting tab.
- Click Switch to Internet Address.
Note Note: If you are changing from the Internet IP address to intranet IP address, click Switch to Intranet Address.
- In the dialog box, click Confirm.