Bug managing is a crucial part of the software development process. Mantis Bug Tracker (MantisBT) is an easy-to-use and robust open source bug tracking system that allows you to track and manage bugs. This topic describes how to deploy MantisBT on a simple application server.
A simple application server is created from a LAMP application image, and the password of the preset MySQL database is obtained. For more information, see Build a LAMP development environment.
Step 1: Download MantisBT
- Connect to the LAMP server.
For more information, see Connect to a Linux server.
- Run the following command to switch to the
sudo su root
- Run the following command to access the website root directory.
The website root directory differs in the LAMP 6.1.0 and 7.4 application images.
cd /<website root directory>
- In the LAMP 6.1.0 application image, the website root directory is /home/www/htdocs.
- In the LAMP 7.4 application image, the website root directory is /data/wwwroot/default.
- Run the following command to download the MantisBT package:
- Run the following command to decompress the MantisBT package:
- Run the following command to move all of the MantisBT files to the website root directory:
mv ./mantisbt-2.6.0/* ./
- Run the following command to change the owner of the files in the website root directory:
chown -R www:www ./*
Step 2: Install and log on to MantisBT
- On your computer, access
<public IP address of the LAMP server>/index.phpby using a browser.
- In the Installation Options section, enter the database information.
You must specify Password (for Database). In the Password (for Database) field, enter the password of the database preset on the LAMP server.
- Click Install/Upgrade Database in the lower part of the page.
- After the page is loaded, view the MantisBT installation record on the Check and Install Database page. Then, click create in the lower part of the page.
- On the logon page of MantisBT, use the default
rootpassword to log on to MantisBT.
- In the upper-right corner of MantisBT page, choose
administratoraccount. . Then, change the password of theThe first time you log on to MantisBT with the
administratoraccount, we recommend that you change the password for the account.
- Click Update User.
After you change the password, you can use the new password to log on to and view Mantis.