This topic describes the limits on Simple Application Server.
Limits on servers
- Each Alibaba Cloud account can create a maximum of 20 simple application servers.
- Simple application servers do not support virtualization software or secondary virtualization.
- Simple application servers do not support sound card applications.
- External hardware devices such as USB devices, USB security keys, external hard disks, and dongles cannot be connected to simple application servers.
- A maximum of one data disk can be mounted to a simple application server. This operation can be performed only when you are creating the server.
- If a simple application server is located in mainland China and its total subscription period is three months or longer, you can apply for up to five ICP filings for each server.
- By default, a public IP address is assigned to each simple application server. The public IP address is not retained when you change to a different server or when the original server expires.
- IPv6 addresses cannot be configured for simple application servers.
- If a simple application server is released when it expires, the snapshots and custom images of the server are also released.
Limits on other resources
- Network resources
- If the peak outbound bandwidth in the plan that you purchased for your simple application server is less than or equal to 10 Mbit/s, the inbound bandwidth of the server is 10 Mbit/s.
- If the peak outbound bandwidth in the plan that you purchased for your simple application server exceeds 10 Mbit/s, the inbound bandwidth of the server is equal to the peak outbound bandwidth.
- Application or OS images
Pre-installed software in the
/usr/localdirectories of specific images, such as the
/usr/local/cloudmonitordirectories, is the programs or repository files on which the environment depends. Proceed with caution if you want to modify the software.
- You can create a maximum of 50 firewall rules for each simple application server.
- Port 25 on simple application servers cannot be used to send emails to external resources. To send emails, use port 465.
- For a single Alibaba Cloud account, the maximum number of snapshots that can be retained is three times the number of created simple application servers, up to 15.
- Only manual snapshots are supported. Scheduled snapshots are not supported.
- Custom images
The maximum number of custom images is three times the number of created simple application servers, up to 15.