Before you use simple application servers to provide website services, you must bind and resolve a domain name. This topic describes how to bind a domain name to a simple application server and resolve the domain name by using Alibaba Cloud DNS.
- Log on to the Simple Application Server console.
- On the Servers page, click the simple application server to which you want to bind a domain name.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Domain Name page, click Add Domain Name.
- In the Add Domain Name dialog box, enter the domain name that you want to bind and click OK.
After the domain name is bound, the system returns different prompts based on the resolution status of the domain name.
- If the domain name has been resolved to the server by using Alibaba Cloud DNS, click OK.
- If the domain name is registered with Alibaba Cloud and has not been resolved by using Alibaba Cloud DNS, you must use Alibaba Cloud DNS to resolve the domain name. For more information, see Add an A record to a website domain.
- If the domain name is not registered with Alibaba Cloud and has not been resolved by using Alibaba Cloud DNS, the system cannot directly resolve the domain name. You must use one of the following methods to resolve the domain name:
- Use Alibaba Cloud DNS to resolve the domain name. For more information, see Domain Management.
- Contact the domain name service provider, create an A record for the domain name that points to the IP address of the simple application server, and then bind the domain name.