When you provide website services by using application servers, you must first bind and resolve a domain name.
- If you add a domain name registered with Alibaba Cloud or a domain name that is resolved by Alibaba Cloud DNS (DNS), the domain name can be resolved after it is bound.
- If you add a domain name that is not registered with Alibaba Cloud and is not resolved by DNS, you can use DNS to resolve the domain name by binding the domain name to an application server. For more information, see Domain Mangement. You can also contact the domain name service provider, create an A record for the domain name to resolve to the IP address of an application server, and then add the domain name.
- Log on to the Simple Application Server console.
- On the Servers page, click the application server to which you want to bind a domain name.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- Click Add Domain Name.
- Enter a domain name and click OK.After the domain name is bound, the system checks whether the domain name can be resolved.
- If the domain name is registered with Alibaba Cloud or is resolved by DNS, the system can directly resolve the domain name. You can click OK to have the domain name bound and resolved.
- If a domain name is not registered with Alibaba Cloud and is not resolved by DNS, the system cannot directly resolve the domain name. You must resolve the domain name by using one of the following methods: